Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Device for clamping a fluidic component|
|Abstract:||A fluidic component is arranged in an elastomeric shaped part, the contour of which is matched to the outer contour of the component and to the inner contour of a holder. The elastomeric shaped part is chamfered towards the fluidic component on its pressure side. When the holder is assembled, the elastomeric shaped part is deformed by a projection provided on a mating part and is put under uniformly distributed internal tension, after which the elastomeric shaped part surrounds the fluidic component to its full height.|
|Inventor(s):||Geser; Johannes (Ingelheim, DE), Hausmann; Matthias (Dortmund, DE)|
|Assignee:||Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH (Ingelheim am Rhein, DE)|
1. An apparatus, comprising: a housing including a bore for delivering pressurized fluid; a holder including an internal volume; a mating element that engages the holder
and covers the internal volume thereof, the mating element including: (i) a bore in fluid communication with the bore of the housing for delivering the pressurized fluid into the internal volume of the holder, and (ii) an annular projection that extends
into the internal volume of the holder; a nozzle including an outer contour and an internal, narrowing nozzle bore extending from a first end to a nozzle aperture at a second end through which an aerosol exits; an annular elastomeric part surrounding
the outer contour of the nozzle and being disposed in the internal volume of the holder such that: (i) the first end of the nozzle is in fluid communication with, and receives the pressurized fluid from, the bore of the mating element, and (ii) both the
first end of the nozzle and an adjacent end surface of the annular elastomeric part are spaced away from the bore of the mating element, thereby defining an unoccupied volume within the internal volume of the holder, and exposing the end surface of the
annular elastomeric part to the pressurized fluid; and a union member bearing against the holder and engaging the housing such that: (i) the mating element is pressed toward the holder, and (ii) the annular projection of the mating element deforms the
annular elastomeric part at the first end of the nozzle.
2. The apparatus according to claim 1, wherein the annular projection of the mating element internally tensions the annular elastomeric part such that the internal tension is substantially uniformly distributed.
3. The apparatus of claim 1, wherein the annular elastomeric part includes an internal passage in which the nozzle is disposed such that the annular elastomeric part surrounds the outer contour of the nozzle.
4. The apparatus of claim 3, wherein the internal passage extends from the end surface of the annular elastomeric part to an opposite end thereof.
5. The apparatus of claim 4, wherein the internal passage includes a chamfer surface at the end surface of the annular elastomeric part that would not bear against the nozzle absent the deformation of the annular elastomeric part by the annular projection of the mating element.
6. The apparatus according to claim 5, wherein the chamfer surface is chamfered at a constant or varying angle of inclination at each point along the chamfer surface absent the deformation of the annular elastomeric part by the annular projection of the mating element.
7. The apparatus according to claim 5, wherein a line of intersection of the chamfer surface with the internal passage of the annular elastomeric part extends at a constant level or is curved.
8. The apparatus according to claim 1, wherein the annular projection on the mating element has a width and a height that are independently constant or varying along a length of the annular projection.
9. The apparatus according to claim 1, wherein the holder further includes: (i) an inside surface in contact with the second end of the nozzle, (ii) an inside contour that mates and/or aligns with an outside contour of the annular elastomeric part, and (iii) an annular end secured to the mating element.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.