Generated: April 29, 2017
|Title:||Oral pharmaceutical products containing 17.beta.-estradiol-3-lower alkanoate, method of administering the same and process of preparation|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical dosage unit for oral administration to a human female comprising a therapeutically effective amount of 17.beta.-estradiol-3-lower alkanoate, most preferably 17.beta.-estradiol-3-acetate, and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier is disclosed. Also disclosed is a method for treating a human female in need of 17.beta.-estradiol and a contraceptive method by oral administration of the pharmaceutical dosage unit and a method of preparing a pharmaceutical composition that may be used to form the pharmaceutical dosage unit of the invention.|
|Inventor(s):||Aloba; Oluwole T. (Morristown, NJ), deVries; Tina M (Long Valley, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Warner Chilcott Company LLC (Fajardo, PR)|
1. A method of treating a human female having a deficiency of 17.beta.-estradiol comprising the step of orally administering to said human female a solid dosage unit
comprising a therapeutically effective amount of 17.beta.-estradiol-3-acetate and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier, wherein the percent moisture of said dosage unit is less than or equal to 5%, and the amount of 17.beta.-estradiol-3-acetate is from
about 0.1 to about 10 mg as estradiol equivalent, wherein the oral solid dosage unit further comprises a pharmaceutically acceptable inhibitor of ester hydrolysis that is acetic acid.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein said dosage unit further comprises one or more additional medicaments.
3. The method according to claim 2, wherein at least one additional medicament has progestational activity.
4. The method according to claim 1, wherein the dosage unit is a tablet, capsule, powder, lozenge, troche or suspension.
5. The method according to claim 4, wherein the dosage unit is a tablet or capsule.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.