Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||Methods and compositions for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders|
|Abstract:||The present invention features compositions and related methods for treating IBS and other gastrointestinal disorders and conditions (e.g., gastrointestinal motility disorders, functional gastrointestinal disorders, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), duodenogastric reflux, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, Inflammatory bowel disease, functional heartburn, dyspepsia (including functional dyspepsia or nonulcer dyspepsia), gastroparesis, chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction (or colonic pseudo-obstruction), and disorders and conditions associated with constipation, e.g., constipation associated with use of opiate pain killers, post-surgical constipation (post-operative ileus), and constipation associated with neuropathic disorders as well as other conditions and disorders using peptides and other agents that activate the guanylate cyclase C (GC-C) receptor.|
|Inventor(s):||Currie; Mark G. (Sterling, MA), Mahajan-Miklos; Shalina (Stanford, CA), Fretzen; Angelika (Somerville, MA), Sun; Li Jing (New York, NY), Norman; Thea (San Diego, CA), Milne; G. Todd (Brookline, MA)|
|Assignee:||Microbia, Inc. (Cambridge, MA)|
1. A method for preparing a purified peptide comprising SEQ ID NO:3, the method comprising: (a) chemically synthesizing a peptide comprising the amino acid sequence of SEQ ID
NO:3; and (b) purifying the peptide.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the peptide consists essentially of the amino acid sequence of SEQ ID NO:3.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the peptide consists of the amino acid sequence of SEQ ID NO:3.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein the chemical synthesis step comprises solid phase chemical synthesis.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein the purification step comprises reverse phase chromatography.
6. A purified peptide prepared by the method of claim 1.