Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods and compositions for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders|
|Abstract:||The present invention features compositions and related methods for treating IBS and other gastrointestinal disorders and conditions (e.g., gastrointestinal motility disorders, functional gastrointestinal disorders, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), duodenogastric reflux, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, Inflammatory bowel disease, functional heartburn, dyspepsia (including functional dyspepsia or nonulcer dyspepsia), gastroparesis, chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction (or colonic pseudo-obstruction), and disorders and conditions associated with constipation, e.g., constipation associated with use of opiate pain killers, post-surgical constipation (post-operative ileus), and constipation associated with neuropathic disorders as well as other conditions and disorders using peptides and other agents that activate the guanylate cyclase C (GC-C) receptor.|
|Inventor(s):||Currie; Mark G. (Sterling, MA), Mahajan-Miklos; Shalina (Stanford, CA), Fretzen; Angelika (Somerville, MA), Sun; Li Jing (New York, NY), Norman; Thea (San Diego, CA), Milne; G. Todd (Brookline, MA)|
|Assignee:||Microbia, Inc. (Cambridge, MA)|
1. A method for preparing a purified peptide comprising SEQ ID NO:3, the method comprising: (a) chemically synthesizing a peptide comprising the amino acid sequence of SEQ ID
NO:3; and (b) purifying the peptide.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the peptide consists essentially of the amino acid sequence of SEQ ID NO:3.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the peptide consists of the amino acid sequence of SEQ ID NO:3.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein the chemical synthesis step comprises solid phase chemical synthesis.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein the purification step comprises reverse phase chromatography.
6. A purified peptide prepared by the method of claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.