Generated: April 28, 2017
|Title:||GH secretagogues and uses thereof|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to use of a GH secretagogue (e.g. GRF or an analog thereof) for (1) altering a lipid parameter in a subject; (2) altering a body composition parameter in a subject, (3) treating a condition characterized by deficient or decreased bone formation in a subject (4) improving daytime vigilance and/or cognitive function in a subject, (5) improving a metabolic condition in a subject, (6) improving anabolism in a catabolic condition in a subject, and/or (7) improving and/or reconstituting immune function in a subject.|
|Inventor(s):||Abribat; Thierry (St-Foy-les-Lyon, FR), De Villers; Andre (Outremont, CA), Allas; Soraya (Iles Des Soeurs, CA), Gravel; Denis (Saint-Lambert, CA), Chapdelaine; Alcide (Iles Des Soeurs, CA)|
|Assignee:||Theratechnologies Inc. (Ville Saint-Laurent, CA)|
1. A method of treating HIV-related lipodystrophy in a subject, said method comprising administering to said subject (hexenoyl trans-3)hGRF(1-44)NH.sub.2 (SEQ ID NO: 7), to
treat said HIV-related lipodystrophy.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said treating HIV-related lipodystrophy comprises treating visceral fat accumulation.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said subject is receiving antiviral therapy.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said (hexenoyl trans-3)hGRF(1-44)NH.sub.2 (SEQ ID NO: 7) is administered at a dose selected from the group consisting of about 1 mg and about 2 mg.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein said (hexenoyl trans-3)hGRF(1-44)NH.sub.2 (SEQ ID NO: 7) is administered by a route selected from the group consisting of intravenous, oral, transdermal, subcutaneous, mucosal, intramuscular, intranasal, intrapulmonary, parenteral, intrarectal and topical.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein said (hexenoyl trans-3)hGRF(1-44)NH.sub.2 (SEQ ID NO: 7) agent is administered by a subcutaneous route.
7. The method of claim 4, wherein said (hexenoyl trans-3)hGRF(1-44)NH.sub.2 (SEQ ID NO: 7) is administered at a dose of about 2 mg.
8. The method of claim 6, wherein said (hexenoyl trans-3)hGRF(1 -44)NH.sub.2 (SEQ ID NO: 7) is administered at a dose of about 2 mg.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.