Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Stabilized pharmaceutical composition in lyophilized form|
|Abstract:||A stabilized pharmaceutical composition in lyophilized form comprising: a cyclic polypeptide compound represented by the general formula (I): ##STR1## wherein R.sup.1 is a hydrogen atom or an acyl group and R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 are, the same or different, a hydrogen atom or a hydroxyl group, or a salt thereof and the stabilizer.|
|Inventor(s):||Sawai; Seiji (Hyogo, JP), Kasai; Akihiro (Nara, JP), Otomo; Kazumi (Osaka, JP)|
|Assignee:||Fujisawa Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Osaka, JP)|
1. A stabilized pharmaceutical composition in lyophilized form which comprises: a cyclic polypeptide compound of the formula (I): ##STR6## or its pharmaceutically acceptable
salt, and lactose.
2. The composition according to claim 1 which contains 0.4 to 50 parts by weight of lactose with respect to one part by weight of the cyclic polypeptide compound or its pharmaceutically acceptable salt.
3. The composition according to claim 1 which contains 0.1 to 400 mg of the cyclic polypeptide compound or its pharmaceutically acceptable salt in a single unit dose.
4. The composition according to claim 1 prepared by: dissolving the cyclic polypeptide compound (I) or its pharmaceutically acceptable salt, lactose and optionally a pH adjustor in a purified water and lyophilizing the solution.
5. The composition of claim 1 which, when dissolved in purified water, gives a solution of pH 4.0 to 7.0.
6. The composition of claim 1 containing 3.4% by weight or less of water.
7. An injection preparation prepared by dissolving the composition of claim 1 in isotonic sodium chloride solution.
8. A commercial package comprising the pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 and a written matter associated therewith, wherein the written matter states that the pharmaceutical composition can or should be used for treating an infection or a disease.
9. A method for stabilizing a compound of general formula (I) comprising: mixing said compound with lactose, wherein the compound of general formula (I) is: ##STR7##
10. The composition according to claim 1, further comprising a pH adjuster.
11. The composition of claim 10, wherein the pH adjuster is acidic.
12. The composition of claim 11, wherein the pH adjuster is basic.
13. A composition comprising the composition of claim 1 and water.
14. The composition of claim 13, wherein the water is present in an isotonic aqueous solution of sodium chloride.
15. The composition of claim 13, wherein the water consisting essentially of purified water.
16. A method for treating a fungal disease comprising administering an effective amount of the composition of claim 13 to a subject in need thereof.
17. The method of claim 16, wherein said compound is administered by injection.
18. The method of claim 16, wherein said disease is selected from the group consisting of dermatophytosis, pityriasis versicolor, candidiasis, cryptococcosis, geotrichosis, trichosporosis, aspergillosis, penicilliosis, fusariosis, zygomycosis, sporotrichosis, chromomycosis, coccidioidomycosis, histoplasmosis, blastomycosis, paracoccidioidomycosis, pseudallescheriosis, mycetoma, mycotic keratitis, otomycosis.
19. A method for treating pneumocystosis comprising administering to a subject in need thereof the compound of claim 13 in an amount effective for treating pneumocystosis.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.