Generated: May 28, 2017
|Title:||Phosgene-free process for preparing carbamates|
|Abstract:||A phosgene-free method for preparing a carbamate from a compound containing an amine group involves reacting the compound with an alkylating agent in the presence of carbon dioxide and cesium carbonate. A reaction can take place under standard pressure and temperature conditions and produces carbamates in a high yield with low by-product formation.|
|Inventor(s):||Lee; Byung H. (Kalamazoo, MI)|
|Assignee:||Pharmacia& Upjohn Company (Kalamazoo, MI)|
1. A method for preparing a carbamate from a compound containing an amine group comprising reacting the compound with chloromethyl pivalate in the presence of carbon dioxide
and cesium carbonate.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said compound contains a primary amine group.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said compound contains a secondary amine group.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said compound is an amino acid.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the reaction takes place in a polar aprotic solvent.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the amino group is a piperazine group.
7. The method of claim 5, wherein the solvent is dimethyl formamide.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the reaction takes place under standard temperature and pressure conditions.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.