Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method for treating peripheral vascular disease by administering benzindene prostaglandins by inhalation|
|Abstract:||A method of delivering benzindene prostaglandins to a patient by inhalation is discussed. A benzindene prostaglandin known as UT-15 has unexpectedly superior results when administered by inhalation compared to parenterally administered UT-15 in sheep with induced pulmonary hypertension.|
|Inventor(s):||Cloutier; Gilles (Chapel Hill, NC), Crow; James (Chapel Hill, NC), Wade; Michael (Chapel Hill, NC), Parker; Richard E. (Spring Hill, TN), Loyd; James E. (Nashville, TN)|
|Assignee:||United Therapeutics Corporation (Silver Spring, MD)|
1. A method of treating peripheral vascular disease comprising administering to a mammal in need thereof by inhalation a formulation comprising a therapeutically effective
amount of a benzindene prostaglandin.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said benzindene prostaglandin is inhaled in an aerosolized form.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein said benzindene prostaglandin is UT-15.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein said aerosolized form comprises droplets less than 10 micrometers in diameter, said droplets comprising said UT-15 in a suitable pharmacologically-acceptable liquid carrier.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the mammal is a human.
6. A method for treating pulmonary hypertension in a mammal comprising delivering to said mammal an effective amount of UT-15 or its pharmaceutically acceptable salt or ester by inhalation.
7. The method of claim 6, wherein said UT-15 is inhaled in an aerosolized form.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein said aerosolized form comprises droplets less than 10 micrometers in diameter, said droplets comprising said compound in a suitable pharmacologically-acceptable liquid carrier.
9. The method of claim 6, wherein said UT-15 is inhaled in powder form comprising particles less than 10 micrometers in diameter.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein the formulation comprises a sustained release form of a benzindene prostalandn.
11. The method of claim 6, wherein said UT-15 is a sustained release form.
12. The method of claim 1, wherein said aerosolized administration of benzindene prostaglandin has no effect on heart rate.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.