Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method for ameliorating muscle weakness/wasting in a patient infected with human immunodeficiency virus-type 1|
|Abstract:||A method for attenuating the HIV-associated myopathy and muscle wasting associated with infection by human immunodeficiency virus-Type 1. Administration of oxandrolone in a daily dosage of about 2.5 to about 20 milligrams is described.|
|Inventor(s):||Berger; Joseph R. (Miami, FL)|
|Assignee:||BTG Pharmaceuticals Corp. (Iselin, NJ)|
1. A method for ameliorating HIV-associated myopathy and muscle weakness in an AIDS patient which comprises orally administering oxandrolone to the AIDS patient in a daily
dosage of between about 2.5 to about 7.5 milligrams.
2. The method in accordance with claim 1 wherein the daily dosage of the oxandrolone is about 7.5 milligrams.
3. The method in accordance with claim 1 wherein the oxandrolone is administered to said patient as a unit dose of about 1 to about 2.5 milligrams three times per day at about eight-hour intervals.
4. The method in accordance with claim 1 wherein the oxandrolone is administered in the form of a tablet.
5. The method in accordance with claim 1 wherein administration is continued over a period of about 2 weeks.
6. The method in accordance with claim 1 wherein administration is continued over a period of about 2 weeks.
7. The method in accordance with claim 3 wherein administration is continued over a period of about 2 weeks.
8. A method for ameliorating HIV-associated myopathy and muscle wasting in an AIDS patient which comprises orally administering a therapeutically effective amount of oxandrolone to the AIDS patient daily for a time period of about 2 weeks.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.