DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,679,685
|Title:||Accelerated release composition containing bromocriptine|
|Abstract:||Disclosed herein is a solid oral dosage form comprising bromocriptine and one or more pharmaceutically acceptable excipients. The oral dosage form has a dissolution rate in excess of 90% in 5 minutes in 500 ml of 0.1N HCl aqueous medium at 37 C and is useful for adjusting the plasma prolactin profile of a patient.|
|Inventor(s):||Cincotta; Anthony H. (Andover, MA), Cincotta, Jr.; Manuel (Tiverton, RI), Pelloni; Christopher Louis (Louisville, CO), Runice; Christopher Eric (Denver, CO), Tigner; Sandra Louise (Broomfield, CO)|
|Assignee:||Ergo Science, Incorporated (Charlestown, MA) Geneva Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Broomfield, CO)|
1. A solid oral dosage form comprising bromocriptine (B) as the sole pharmaceutically active ingredient and physiologically acceptable inert excipients including a group of
excipients that affect the rate of bromocriptine release from said dosage form wherein said release affecting excipients consist of citric acid (C) and a disintegrating agent (D).
2. The dosage form of claim 1 wherein the disintegrating agent (D) comprises cornstarch, and the dosage form further comprises the inert excipients lactose, colloidal silicon dioxide and magnesium stearate.
3. The dosage form of claim 2 wherein the relative amounts of said bromocriptine and said release affecting excipients are 0.8 mg bromocriptine; 1.35 mg of citric acid; and 9 mg corn starch, and the relative amounts of the inert excipients are 77 mg anhydrous lactose; 0.45 mg colloidal silicon dioxide; and 0.675 mg magnesium stearate.
4. The solid oral dosage form of claim 1 further comprising a low moisture content filler, a water-scavenging agent and a lubricant.
5. The oral dosage form of claim 4 wherein said dosage form has a total weight of about 90 mgs.
6. A solid oral dosage form consisting of bromocriptine (B); as an antioxidant, citric acid (C); a low moisture content filler, a disintegrating agent (D), a water-scavenging agent and a lubricant, wherein said B, C, and D are at a weight ratio B:C:D of 0.8:1.35:9.
7. The solid oral dosage form of claim 6 wherein (D) is cornstarch.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.