Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Controlled release bases for pharmaceuticals|
|Abstract:||The release of therapeutically active agents from controlled release bases is extended by using a combination of a higher aliphatic alcohol and an acrylic resin as the base material.|
|Inventor(s):||Oshlack; Benjamin (New York, NY)|
|Assignee:||Euroceltique, S.A. (LU)|
1. Extended action controlled release pharmaceutical composition for oral administration, comprising a pharmaceutically effective amount of a pharmaceutically active agent
distributed in a controlled release core or matrix comprising a higher aliphatic alcohol of 10-18 carbon atoms and a pharmaceutically acceptable acrylic resin, said acrylic resin being in an amount of about 10-60% by weight of the weight of said higher
aliphatic alcohol plus said acrylic resin wherein said pharmaceutical agent is amitryptaline, atropine, chlorpheniramine, chlorpromizine, codeine, dexbrompheniramine, diphenylhydramine, doxilamine, ephedrine, hyoscyamine, morphine, oxycodone, papavarine,
phenylpropanolamine, propranolol, quinidine, scoplamine or thioridazine.
2. Pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1 wherein said acrylic resin is an amount of about 15-40% by weight.
3. Pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1 wherein said acrylic resin is in amount of about 20-35% by weight.
4. Pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1 wherein said core or matrix also includes a binder in an amount sufficient to bind said composition.
5. Pharmaceutical composition according to claim 4 wherein said core or matrix also includes a filler.
6. Pharmaceutical composition according to claim 5 wherein said core or matrix also includes a disintegrant in a disintegrant effective amount.
7. Pharmaceutical composition according to claim 6 wherein said core or matrix also includes a lubricant.
8. Pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1 wherein said core or matrix constitutes about 20-40% by weight of said composition.
9. Pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1 wherein said pharmaceutically active agent is highly water soluble.
10. Pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1 wherein said pharmaceutical agent is oxycodone.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.