|Title:||Method of in vitro fertilization by a unique combination of gonadotropins|
|Abstract:||A method for the treatment of infertility is described involving recruitment of more than one oocyte by a unique and hitherto undescribed combination of goandotropins, the harvest of these oocytes prior to their spontaneous ovulation and their fertilization by exposure to sperm in vitro so that the resulting concepti can be transferred to the uteri of the donors and so overcome several forms of infertility.|
|Inventor(s):||Jones, Jr.; Howard W. (Norfolk, VA), Jones; Georgeanna S. (Norfolk, VA)|
|Assignee:||Serono Laboratories, Inc. (Randolph, MA)|
1. In the method of recruiting oocytes for in vitro fertilization by administering exogenous human menopausal gonadotropin containing a 1:1 I.U. ratio of FSH to LH, the
improvement which comprises administering additional FSH in an amount sufficient to establish a ratio of about 1.5:1 to 4:1 total I.U. FSH to LH per day for the first 1 to about 4 days of human menopausal gonadotropin therapy.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said FSH to LH ratio during said 1 to about 4 days is about 1.75:1 to 2.5:1.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein said FSH to LH ratio during said 1 to about 4 days is about 2:1.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein said additional FSH is administered for the first two days of therapy.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein said therapy is initiated on the third day of the menstrual cycle.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein said additional FSH administered per day is 150 I.U.
7. The method of claim 6, wherein the recruited oocytes are harvested and fertilized in vitro.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the recruited oocytes are harvested and fertilized in vitro.