Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method of in vitro fertilization by a unique combination of gonadotropins|
|Abstract:||A method for the treatment of infertility is described involving recruitment of more than one oocyte by a unique and hitherto undescribed combination of goandotropins, the harvest of these oocytes prior to their spontaneous ovulation and their fertilization by exposure to sperm in vitro so that the resulting concepti can be transferred to the uteri of the donors and so overcome several forms of infertility.|
|Inventor(s):||Jones, Jr.; Howard W. (Norfolk, VA), Jones; Georgeanna S. (Norfolk, VA)|
|Assignee:||Serono Laboratories, Inc. (Randolph, MA)|
1. In the method of recruiting oocytes for in vitro fertilization by administering exogenous human menopausal gonadotropin containing a 1:1 I.U. ratio of FSH to LH, the
improvement which comprises administering additional FSH in an amount sufficient to establish a ratio of about 1.5:1 to 4:1 total I.U. FSH to LH per day for the first 1 to about 4 days of human menopausal gonadotropin therapy.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said FSH to LH ratio during said 1 to about 4 days is about 1.75:1 to 2.5:1.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein said FSH to LH ratio during said 1 to about 4 days is about 2:1.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein said additional FSH is administered for the first two days of therapy.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein said therapy is initiated on the third day of the menstrual cycle.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein said additional FSH administered per day is 150 I.U.
7. The method of claim 6, wherein the recruited oocytes are harvested and fertilized in vitro.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the recruited oocytes are harvested and fertilized in vitro.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.