Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Long duration neuromuscular blocking agents|
|Abstract:||Long duration muscle relaxant compound of formula (I) ##STR1## and its use in producing muscle relaxation in mammals including man.|
|Inventor(s):||El-Sayad; Hassan A. (Chapel Hill, NC), Swaringen, Jr.; Roy A. (Durham, NC), Yeowell; David A. (Chapel Hill, NC)|
|Assignee:||Burroughs Wellcome Co. (Research Triangle Park, NC)|
1. A compound of the formula ##STR3## wherein X is a pharmaceutically acceptable anion.
2. A mixture comprising the mixture of the racemic (dl) pair ad the meso-isomer of the compound of the formula ##STR4##
3. A pharmaceutically acceptable salt comprising the cation trans-; trans-2,2,'-(dimethylenebis;(carbonyloxytrimethylene) bis(1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-6,7,8-trimethoxy-2-methyl-1(3,4,5-trimethxoybenzyl) isoquinolinium) and a pharmaceutically acceptable anion.
4. The compound of claim 3 in which the compound is the racemic dl pair of the meso isomer.
5. The compound of claim 2 in which X is chlorine.
6. The compound of claim 2 in which the cation comprises approximately a 1:1 mixture of the racemic (dl) pair and the meso isomer.
7. The compound of claim 6 in which X is chlorine.
8. trans,trans-2,2'-(Dimethylenebis(carbonyloxytrimethylene)) bis(1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-6,7,8-trimethoxy-2-methyl-1-(3,4,5-trimethoxybenzyl )isoquinolinium)dichloride.
9. A pharmaceutical composition comprising the compound of claim 8 in a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier therefor.
10. A method of producing a long duration of muscle relaxation in a mammal which comprises parenterally adminstering an effective muscle relaxant amount of the compound of claim 3, to said mammal.
11. A method of producing a long duration of muscle relation in a mammal which comprises parenterally administering to said ammal an effective musCle relaxation amount of the compound or claim 7.
12. The method of producing muscle relaxation in a mammal which comprises parenterally administering an effective muscle relaxant amount of the compound of claim 8 to said mammal.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.