DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,305,403
|Abstract:||A urine receptor comprising, a receptacle having a chamber to receive urine, and a valve assembly attached to a lower portion of the receptacle. The valve assembly is normally closed, and permits passage of urine through the valve assembly when a valve element of the assembly is pressed.|
|Inventor(s):||Dunn; William J. (Libertyville, IL)|
|Assignee:||The Kendall Company (Boston, MA)|
1. A liquid receptor, comprising:
a receptacle having a chamber to receive body liquids; and
means for selectively emptying the receptacle chamber comprising, a valve assembly attached to the receptacle having a hollow housing with a channel and a front opening communicating with the channel, an elongated tube of elastic material having one end communicating with the receptacle chamber and extending through the housing channel, with the other end of the tube being open adjacent the housing and communicating with the atmosphere, a valve element slidably received in the housing opening, said valve element having an outer portion located outside the housing, an inner portion defining an aperture extending through the valve element to receive said tube, and a rear portion adjacent a rear part of the aperture, said valve element being movable between a first position with the rear portion of the valve element spaced from a forward wall portion of the housing such that said tube is open between the valve element rear portion and the housing forward wall portion to permit passage of liquid through the tube, and a second position with the rear portion of the valve element located adjacent an inner part of the forward wall portion to reduce the size of the valve element aperture in the channel and close said tube by squeezing the tube between the valve element rear portion and the housing forward wall portion to prevent passage of liquid through the tube, and means for biasing the valve element from said first position to said second position, the biasing means comprising a helical spring extending between the rear portion of the valve element and a rear wall of the housing.
2. The receptor of claim 1 including a pair of pins extending from the rear wall and rear portion, said pins being received in opposed ends of said spring.
3. The receptor of claim 1 wherein the forward wall portion of the housing comprises a pair of generally aligned spaced plates extending inwardly from a front wall of the housing and defining an inner portion of said opening communicating with the channel.
4. The receptor of claim 1 including a hollow retaining member attached to an upper portion of the housing, said retaining member having a lower tubular section received inside an upper portion of said tube, and said retaining member communicating with the receptacle chamber.
5. The receptor of claim 4 wherein said tubular section is elongated in lateral cross-section.
6. The receptor of claim 1 wherein said housing includes a pair of spaced lower inner plates engaging opposed sides of said tube.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.