DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,426,787
|Title:||Topical compositions and methods for treating psoriasis|
|Abstract:||Topical pharmaceutical compositions comprise a combination of a corticosteroid and a retinoid; and methods for treating psoriasis with same. In one embodiment, the corticosteroid comprises halobetasol propionate, and the retinoid comprises tazarotene.|
|Inventor(s):||Dow; Gordon J. (Greenbrae, CA), Pillai; Radhakrishnan (Santa Rosa, CA), Bhatt; Varsha D. (San Francisco, CA)|
|Assignee:||Bausch Health US, LLC (Bridgewater, NJ)|
1. A method of treating psoriasis, the method comprising topically applying a pharmaceutical composition to an affected area of a body of a subject suffering from psoriasis; wherein the composition comprises: (a) halobetasol propionate at a concentration of 0.01 percent by weight of the composition; (b) tazarotene at a concentration of 0.045 percent by weight of the composition; and (c) an aqueous dermatologically
acceptable carrier comprising carbomer copolymer type B, carbomer homopolymer type A, and a liquid oil comprising diethyl sebacate and light mineral oil; wherein said applying is carried out one or more times per day for a period of time sufficient to
treat such psoriasis and wherein the composition comprising the halobetasol propionate and the tazarotene at said concentrations is capable of providing synergistic efficacy and synergistic reduction of at least an adverse event selected from the group
consisting of itching, burning, and stinging in said treating.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said applying is carried out once per day for eight weeks.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the composition is an oil-in-water emulsion.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein said halobetasol propionate and said tazarotene are dissolved in a component of said liquid oil of the oil-in-water emulsion.
5. The method of claim 3, wherein said emulsion is a lotion.
6. The method of claim 3, wherein said emulsion is a cream.
7. The method of claim 2, wherein the method continues to provide relief to said psoriasis for a period of four weeks after said eight weeks of application of said composition.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.