DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,182,995
|Title:||Compositions for treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder|
|Abstract:||Therapeutic compositions deliver a therapeutic amount of methylphenidate in a delayed and extended release formulation. The dosage form exhibits a lag time prior to release of from 6 to 8 hours or longer, followed by a sustained release period.|
|Inventor(s):||Lickrish; David (Camana Bay, KY), Zhang; Feng (Pflugerville, TX)|
|Assignee:||IRONSHORE PHARMACEUTICALS & DEVELOPMENT, INC. (Camana Bay, KY)|
1. A solid, oral pharmaceutical composition comprising coated particles: said particles comprising: (a) a core comprising methylphenidate or a pharmaceutical salt
thereof; (b) a sustained release layer enclosing the core, wherein the sustained release layer comprises a water-insoluble and water-permeable polymer, a water-soluble polymer, a hydrophobic plasticizer, and a hydrophobic binder; and (c) a pH dependent
polymer or copolymer that is insoluble in aqueous medium at pH lower than 5.5; wherein the formulation provides at least an 8 hour lag time during which the formulation releases no more than 10% of the total methylphenidate or a pharmaceutical salt
thereof; followed by a sustained release period of 10-12 hours when the composition is placed in 700 ml aqueous solution of 0.1N HCl pH 1.1 for up to 2 hours; followed by 4 hours in sodium phosphate buffer at pH 6.0; followed by 14 hours in sodium
phosphate buffer, pH 7.2 at 37.degree. C..+-.0.5.degree. C., as measured by the USP Apparatus I.
2. The composition of claim 1, wherein the core comprises methylphenidate hydrochloride.
3. The composition of claim 1, wherein the sustained release layer comprises ethyl cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, dibutyl sebacate and a metal stearate.
4. The composition of claim 1, wherein the sustained release layer comprises ethyl cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, dibutyl sebacate and magnesium stearate.
5. The composition of claim 1, wherein the pH dependent copolymer is methacrylic acid copolymer Type B.
6. The composition of claim 1, further comprising mono- and diglycerides, dibutyl sebacate and polysorbate 80.
7. The composition of claim 1, contained in a single dosage form containing 1 mg to 150 mg of methylphenidate or a pharmaceutical salt thereof.
8. The composition of claim 1, contained in a single dosage form containing 1 mg to 80 mg of methylphenidate or a pharmaceutical salt thereof.
9. The composition of claim 1, wherein the sustained release layer comprises ethyl cellulose and hydroxypropyl cellulose in a ratio of about 1:3 to 1:5, dibutyl sebacate and from 25% to 50% by weight magnesium stearate.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.