DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Join the DrugPatentWatch Referral Program Get access to a free drug patent landscape report or a free one-month subscription
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,969,683
|Title:||Method of treating estrogen receptor (ER)-positive breast cancers with selective androgen receptor modulator (SARMS)|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to the treatment of breast cancer in a subject, for example a female subject. The breast cancer includes metastatic breast cancer, refractory breast cancer, AR-positive breast cancer, AR-positive refractory breast cancer, AR-positive metastatic breast cancer, AR-positive and ER-positive breast cancer, triple negative breast cancer, advanced breast cancer, breast cancer that has failed SERM (tamoxifen, toremifene), aromatase inhibitor, trastuzumab (Herceptin, ado-trastuzumab emtansine), pertuzumab (Perjeta), lapatinib, exemestane (Aromasin), bevacizumab (Avastin), and/or fulvestrant treatments, and metastasis in a subject suffering from breast cancer. The method comprises administering to the subject a therapeutically effective amount of a selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) compound.|
|Inventor(s):||Dalton; James T. (Lakeland, TN), Steiner; Mitchell S. (Germantown, TN), Narayanan; Ramesh (Cordova, TN), Ahn; Sunjoo (Daejeon, KR)|
|Assignee:||GTX, INC. (Memphis, TN)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of treating a subject suffering from refractory ER-positive breast cancer, comprising administering to said subject a selective androgen receptor modulator
(SARM) compound represented by a structure of formula VIII or formula IX: ##STR00058## wherein said treating does not include preventing.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said refractory ER-positive breast cancer is a breast cancer that has failed selective estrogen receptor modulator (tamoxifen, toremifene), aromatase inhibitor, trastuzumab, ado-trastuzumab emtansine, pertuzumab, lapatinib, exemestane, bevacizumab, and/or fulvestrant treatments.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said refractory ER-positive breast cancer is refractory AR-positive ER-positive breast cancer.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said refractory ER-positive breast cancer is AR-positive, PR-positive and HER2-negative and wherein the structure is formula IX.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein said refractory ER-positive breast cancer is AR-positive, PR-negative and HER2-positive.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein said refractory ER-positive breast cancer is AR-positive, PR-positive and HER2-positive.
7. The method of claim 1, comprising administering an isomer, a racemic mixture containing a SARM compound, a metabolite, pharmaceutically acceptable salt, pharmaceutical product, hydrate, N-oxide, or crystal of said selective androgen receptor modulator, or any combination thereof.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein said administering comprises intravenously, intraarterially, or intramuscularly injecting to said subject said pharmaceutical product in liquid form; subcutaneously implanting in said subject a pellet containing said pharmaceutical product; orally administering to said subject said pharmaceutical product in a liquid or solid form; or topically applying to said subject said pharmaceutical product.
9. The method of claim 8, wherein said pharmaceutical product is a pellet, a tablet, a capsule, a solution, a suspension, an emulsion, an elixir, a gel, a cream, a suppository or a parenteral formulation.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Genentech||HERCEPTIN||trastuzumab||VIAL; INTRAVENOUS||103792||001||1998-09-25||Start Trial||GTX, INC. (Memphis, TN)||2032-07-13||RX||Orphan||search|
|Genentech||AVASTIN||bevacizumab||VIAL; INTRAVENOUS||125085||001||2004-02-26||Start Trial||GTX, INC. (Memphis, TN)||2032-07-13||RX||Orphan||search|
|Genentech||AVASTIN||bevacizumab||VIAL; INTRAVENOUS||125085||002||2004-02-26||Start Trial||GTX, INC. (Memphis, TN)||2032-07-13||RX||Orphan||search|
|Genentech||PERJETA||pertuzumab||VIAL; SINGLE-USE||125409||001||2012-06-08||Start Trial||GTX, INC. (Memphis, TN)||2032-07-13||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2014011220||Jan 16, 2014|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2014011220||Mar 05, 2015|
|United States of America||10258596||Apr 16, 2019|
|United States of America||10314807||Jun 11, 2019|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.