DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Subscribe for complete access
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,937,222
|Title:||Modulators of complement activity|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides polypeptide modulators of complement activity, including cyclic polypeptide modulators. Also provided are methods of utilizing such modulators as therapeutics.|
|Inventor(s):||Hoarty; Michelle Denise (Billerica, MA), Dhamnaskar; Ketki Ashok (Cambridge, MA), Elbaum; Daniel (Newton, MA), Josephson; Kristopher (Wayland, MA), Larson; Kelley Cronin (Quincy, MA), Ma; Zhong (Lexington, MA), Nims; Nathan Ezekiel (Winchester, MA), Ricardo; Alonso (Cambridge, MA), Seyb; Kathleen (South Boston, MA), Tang; Guo-Qing (Acton, MA), Treco; Douglas A. (Arlington, MA), Wang; Zhaolin (Wellesley, MA), Ye; Ping (Lexington, MA), Zheng; Hong (New York, NY), Perlmutter; Sarah Jacqueline (Medord, MA)|
|Assignee:||Ra Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Cambridge, MA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of reducing the cleavage of C5 in a biological system comprising providing a polypeptide to the biological system, wherein said polypeptide comprises the amino
acid sequence of SEQ ID NO: 184, wherein said polypeptide is provided at a final concentration of from about 0.1 nM to about 50 nM, and wherein cleavage of C5 is reduced by at least 50% relative to cleavage of C5 in the untreated control system.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein hemolysis is reduced by at least 50% relative to hemolysis in said untreated control system.
3. A method of reducing hemolysis in a subject comprising administering a polypeptide at a dose sufficient to achieve plasma levels of said polypeptide of from about 0.2 mg/L (0.1 .mu.M) to about 40 mg/L (20 wherein said polypeptide comprises the amino acid sequence of SEQ ID NO: 184, and wherein hemolysis in the subject is reduced by at least 50% relative to hemolysis levels previously observed in said subject.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the subject is selected from the group consisting of a human subject, a non-human primate subject, and a porcine subject.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein said polypeptide is administered to said subject at a dose of from about 0.01 mg/kg to about 20 mg/kg.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein said administration is carried out daily.
7. The method of claim 5, wherein said administration is carried out weekly.
8. A method of reducing hemolysis in a subject with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), said method comprising administering a polypeptide to the subject at a dose of from about 0.01 mg/kg to about 20 mg/kg, wherein the peptide comprises an amino acid sequence of SEQ ID NO: 184, and wherein administration is daily, weekly or monthly.
9. The method of claim 8, wherein said subject has previously been treated with eculizumab.
10. The method of claim 8, wherein said subject is also receiving treatment with eculizumab.
11. The method of claim 9, wherein treatment with eculizumab is ineffective.
12. The method of claim 11, wherein said polypeptide is administered at a dose of from about 0.1 mg/kg to about 10 mg/kg.
13. The method of claim 12, wherein said polypeptide is administered daily.
14. The method of claim 12, wherein said polypeptide is administered weekly.
15. The method of claim 12, wherein hemolysis is reduced by at least 50% relative to hemolysis observed previously in said subject.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Approval Date||Patent No.||Expiredate|
|Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.||SOLIRIS||eculizumab||Injection||125166||2007-03-16||⤷ Try it Free||2035-06-12|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Expiredate|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.