DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,868,972
|Title:||Hybrid suppressor tRNA for vertebrate cells|
|Abstract:||This invention provides compositions and methods for producing translational components that expand the number of genetically encoded amino acids in vertebrate cells. The components include orthogonal tRNA\'s, orthogonal aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases, orthogonal pairs of tRNA\'s/synthetases and unnatural amino acids. Proteins and methods of producing proteins with unnatural amino acids in vertebrate cells are also provided. The present invention provides vertebrate cells with translation components, e.g., pairs of orthogonal aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases (O-RSs) and orthogonal tRNA\'s (O-tRNA\'s) and individual components thereof, that are used in vertebrate protein biosynthetic machinery to incorporate an unnatural amino acid in a growing polypeptide chain, in a vertebrate cell.|
|Inventor(s):||Tian; Feng (San Diego, CA), Norman; Thea (Clinton, WA), Chu; Stephanie (Simi Valley, CA)|
|Assignee:||Ambrx,Inc. (La Jolla, CA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of producing in a vertebrate cell at least one protein of interest comprising at least one non-natural amino acid, the method comprising: growing, in an
appropriate medium, a vertebrate cell that comprises a nucleic acid that comprises at least one selector codon and encodes the protein of interest expressed by the vertebrate cell; wherein the medium comprises an unnatural amino acid and the vertebrate
cell comprises: a tRNA having the nucleotide sequence set forth in SEQ ID NO: 88 that functions in the cell and recognizes the selector codon; and an orthogonal aminoacyl tRNA synthetase (O-RS) that preferentially aminoacylates the O-tRNA with the
unnatural amino acid; expressing said protein of interest.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the cell has been stably transfected to comprise the O-tRNA and O-RS.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the cell has been transiently transfected to comprise the O-tRNA and O-RS.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the cell has been stably transfected to comprise the O-tRNA or O-RS and transiently transfected to comprise the O-tRNA or O-RS, such that the cell still comprises both a t-RNA and an O-RS.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein the unnatural amino acid is selected from the group consisting of: a p-acetyl-L-phenylalanine, a p-iodo-L-phenylalanine, an O-methyl-L-tyrosine, a p-propargyloxyphenylalanine, an L-3-(2-naphthyl)alanine, a 3-methyl-phenylalanine, an O-4-allyl-L-tyrosine, a 4-propyl-L-tyrosine, a tri-O-acetyl-GlcNAc.beta.-serine, an L-Dopa, a fluorinated phenylalanine, an isopropyl-L-phenylalanine, a p-azido-L-phenylalanine, a p-acyl-L-phenylalanine, a p-benzoyl-L-phenylalanine, an L-phosphoserine, a phosphonoserine, a phosphonotyrosine, a p-bromophenylalanine, a p-amino-L-phenylalanine, an isopropyl-L-phenylalanine, an unnatural analogue of a tyrosine amino acid; an unnatural analogue of a glutamine amino acid; an unnatural analogue of a phenylalanine amino acid; an unnatural analogue of a serine amino acid; an unnatural analogue of a threonine amino acid; an alkyl, aryl, acyl, azido, cyano, halo, hydrazine, hydrazide, hydroxyl, alkenyl, alkynl, ether, thiol, sulfonyl, seleno, ester, thioacid, borate, boronate, phospho, phosphono, phosphine, heterocyclic, enone, imine, aldehyde, hydroxylamine, keto, or amino substituted amino acid, or any combination thereof; an amino acid with a photoactivatable cross-linker; a spin-labeled amino acid; a fluorescent amino acid; a metal binding amino acid; a metal-containing amino acid; a radioactive amino acid; a photocaged and/or photoisomerizable amino acid; a biotin or biotin-analogue containing amino acid; a keto containing amino acid; an amino acid comprising polyethylene glycol or polyether, a heavy atom substituted amino acid; a chemically cleavable or photocleavable amino acid; an amino acid with an elongated side chain; an amino acid containing a toxic group; a sugar substituted amino acid; a carbon-linked sugar-containing amino acid; a redox-active amino acid; an .alpha.-hydroxy containing acid; an amino thio acid; an .alpha.,.alpha. disubstituted amino acid; a .beta.-amino acid; a cyclic amino acid other than proline or histidine, and an aromatic amino acid other than phenylalanine, tyrosine or tryptophan.
6. The method of claim 2, wherein the protein comprises a therapeutic protein, a diagnostic protein, an industrial enzyme, or portion thereof.
7. The method of claim 2, wherein the protein comprises a protein or a portion of a protein selected from the group consisting of: a cytokine, a growth factor, a growth factor receptor, an interferon, an interleukin, an inflammatory molecule, an oncogene product, a peptide hormone, a signal transduction molecule, a steroid hormone receptor, erythropoietin (EPO), insulin, human growth hormone, an Alpha-1 antitrypsin, an Angiostatin, an Antihemolytic factor, an antibody, an Apolipoprotein, an Apoprotein, an Atrial natriuretic factor, an Atrial natriuretic polypeptide, an Atrial peptide, a C-X-C chemokine, T39765, NAP-2, ENA-78, a Gro-a, a Gro-b, a Gro-c, an IP-10, a GCP-2, an NAP-4, an SDF-1, a PF4, a MIG, a Calcitonin, a c-kit ligand, a CC chemokine, a Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1, a Monocyte chemoattractant protein-2, a Monocyte chemoattractant protein-3, a Monocyte inflammatory protein-1 alpha, a Monocyte inflammatory protein-1 beta, RANTES, I309, R83915, R91733, HCC1, T58847, D31065, T64262, a CD40, a CD40 ligand, a C-kit Ligand, a Collagen, a Colony stimulating factor (CSF), a Complement factor 5a, a Complement inhibitor, a Complement receptor 1, DHFR, an epithelial Neutrophil Activating Peptide-78, a GRO.alpha./MGSA, a GRO.beta., a GRO.gamma. a MIP-1.alpha., a MIP-1.delta., a MCP-1, an Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF), an epithelial Neutrophil Activating Peptide, an Exfoliating toxin, a Factor IX, a Factor VII, a Factor VIII, a Factor X, a Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF), a Fibrinogen, a Fibronectin, a G-CSF, a GM-CSF, a Glucocerebrosidase, a Gonadotropin, a Hedgehog protein, a Hemoglobin, a Hepatocyte Growth Factor (HGF), a Hirudin, a Human serum albumin, an ICAM-1, an ICAM-1 receptor, an LFA-1, an LFA-1 receptor, an Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF), an IGF-I, an IGF-II, an IFN-.alpha., an IFN-.beta., an IFN-.gamma., IL-1, an IL-2, an IL-3, an IL-4, an IL-5, an IL-6, an IL-7, an IL-8, an IL-9, an IL-10, an IL-11, an IL-12, a Keratinocyte Growth Factor (KGF), a Lactoferrin, a leukemia inhibitory factor, a Luciferase, a Neurturin, a Neutrophil inhibitory factor (NIF), an oncostatin M, an Osteogenic protein, a Parathyroid hormone, a PD-ECSF, a PDGF, a Pleiotropin, a Protein A, a Protein G, a Pyrogenic exotoxins A, B, or C, a Relaxin, a Renin, an SCF, a Soluble complement receptor I, a Soluble I-CAM 1, a Soluble interleukin receptor, a Soluble TNF receptor, a Somatomedin, a Somatostatin, a Somatotropin, a Streptokinase, a Superantigen, a Staphylococcal enterotoxins, an SEA, an SEB, an SEC1, an SEC2, an SEC3, an SED, an SEE, a Superoxide dismutase (SOD), a Toxic shock syndrome toxin, a Thymosin alpha 1, a Tissue plasminogen activator, a tumor growth factor (TGF), a TGF-.alpha., a TGF-.beta., a Tumor Necrosis Factor, a Tumor Necrosis Factor alpha, a Tumor necrosis factor beta, a Tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR), a VLA-4 protein, a VCAM-1 protein, a Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGEF), a Urokinase, a Mos, a Ras, a Raf a Met; a p53, a Tat, a Fos, a Myc, a Jun, a Myb, a Rel, an estrogen receptor, a progesterone receptor, a testosterone receptor, an aldosterone receptor, an LDL receptor, a SCF/c-Kit, a CD40L/CD40, a VLA-4/VCAM-1, an ICAM-1/LFA-1, a hyalurin/CD44, and a corticosterone.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Lilly||HUMULIN R||insulin recombinant human||INJECTABLE;INJECTION||018780||001||1982-12-02||Start Trial||Ambrx,Inc. (La Jolla, CA)||2026-09-08||RX||search|
|Lilly||HUMULIN R KWIKPEN||insulin human||SOLUTION;SUBCUTANEOUS||018780||002||1982-12-02||Start Trial||Ambrx,Inc. (La Jolla, CA)||2026-09-08||RX||search|
|Lilly||HUMULIN R||insulin human||SOLUTION;SUBCUTANEOUS||018780||004||1982-12-02||Start Trial||Ambrx,Inc. (La Jolla, CA)||2026-09-08||RX||search|
|Lilly||HUMULIN R PEN||insulin recombinant human||INJECTABLE;INJECTION||018780||005||1982-12-02||Start Trial||Ambrx,Inc. (La Jolla, CA)||2026-09-08||RX||search|
|Microbix Biosystems||KINLYTIC||urokinase||INJECTABLE;INJECTION||021846||001||1978-01-16||Start Trial||Ambrx,Inc. (La Jolla, CA)||2026-09-08||DISCN||search|
|Microbix Biosystems||KINLYTIC||urokinase||INJECTABLE;INJECTION||021846||002||1978-01-16||Start Trial||Ambrx,Inc. (La Jolla, CA)||2026-09-08||DISCN||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Estimated Expiration|
|European Patent Office||2061878||Start Trial|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Estimated Expiration|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.