DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,771,363
|Title:||Heterocyclic compounds and uses thereof|
|Abstract:||Provided herein are heterocyclic compounds of Formula (I), pharmaceutical compositions containing such a compound and their therapeutic uses, methods for their preparation, intermediate compounds, pharmaceutical compositions containing such a compound, and their therapeutic uses.|
|Inventor(s):||Ibrahim; Prabha N. (Mountain View, CA), Spevak; Wayne (Berkeley, CA), Zhang; Jiazhong (Foster City, CA), Shi; Songyuan (Fremont, CA), Powell; Ben (Pleasant Hill, CA), Ma; Yan (Belmont, CA)|
|Assignee:||Plexxikon Inc. (Berkeley, CA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A compound of Formula (I): ##STR00019## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt, a tautomer, a stereoisomer or a deuterated analog thereof, wherein: R.sup.1 is cyano, halo,
or (C.sub.1-C.sub.3)alkyl optionally substituted with 1 to 3 substituents independently selected from the group consisting of halo, methyl, ethyl, methoxy and ethoxy; and X, when present, is halo.
2. The compound of claim 1, wherein R.sup.1 is (C.sub.1-C.sub.2)alkyl, cyano or fluoro.
3. The compound of claim 2, wherein R.sup.1 is methyl.
4. The compound of claim 2, wherein R.sup.1 is fluoro.
5. The compound of claim 2, wherein R.sup.1 is cyano.
6. A compound of Formula (II): ##STR00020## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt, a tautomer, a stereoisomer, or a deuterated analog thereof, wherein: R.sup.1 is (C.sub.1-C.sub.3)alkyl optionally substituted with 1 to 3 substituents independently selected from the group consisting of halo, methyl, ethyl, methoxy and ethoxy.
7. The compound of claim 6, wherein R.sup.1 is methyl.
8. A compound of formula: ##STR00021## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt, a tautomer, or a deuterated analog thereof.
9. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a compound of claim 6 and a pharmaceutical acceptable excipient or carrier.
10. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a compound of claim 6 and another therapeutic agent.
11. The pharmaceutical composition according to claim 10, wherein the another therapeutic agent is i) an alkylating agent selected from adozelesin, altretamine, bizelesin, busulfan, carboplatin, carboquone, carmustine, chlorambucil, cisplatin, cyclophosphamide, dacarbazine, estramustine, fotemustine, hepsulfam, ifosfamide, improsulfan, irofulven, lomustine, mechlorethamine, melphalan, oxaliplatin, piposulfan, semustine, streptozocin, temozolomide, thiotepa, and treosulfan; ii) an antibiotic selected from bleomycin, dactinomycin, daunorubicin, doxorubicin, epirubicin, idarubicin, menogaril, mitomycin, mitoxantrone, neocarzinostatin, pentostatin, and plicamycin; iii) an antimetabolite selected from the group consisting of azacitidine, capecitabine, cladribine, clofarabine, cytarabine, decitabine, floxuridine, fludarabine, 5-fluorouracil, ftorafur, gemcitabine, hydroxyurea, mercaptopurine, methotrexate, nelarabine, pemetrexed, raltitrexed, thioguanine, and trimetrexate; iv) an antibody therapy agent selected from alemtuzumab, bevacizumab, cetuximab, galiximab, gemtuzumab, nivolumab, panitumumab, pembrolizumab, pertuzumab, rituximab, tositumomab, trastuzumab, and 90 Y ibritumomab tiuxetan; v) a hormone or hormone antagonist selected from the group consisting of anastrozole, androgens, buserelin, diethylstilbestrol, exemestane, flutamide, fulvestrant, goserelin, idoxifene, letrozole, leuprolide, magestrol, raloxifene, tamoxifen, and toremifene; vi) a taxane selected from DJ-927, docetaxel, TPI 287, paclitaxel and DHA-paclitaxel; vii) a retinoid selected from alitretinoin, bexarotene, fenretinide, isotretinoin, and tretinoin; viii) an alkaloid selected from etoposide, homoharringtonine, teniposide, vinblastine, vincristine, vindesine, and vinorelbine; ix) an antiangiogenic agent selected from AE-941 (GW786034, Neovastat), ABT-510, 2-methoxyestradiol, lenalidomide, and thalidomide; x) a topoisomerase inhibitor selected from amsacrine, edotecarin, exatecan, irinotecan, SN-38 (7-ethyl-10-hydroxy-camptothecin), rubitecan, topotecan, and 9-aminocamptothecin; xi) a kinase inhibitor selected from erlotinib, gefitinib, flavopiridol, imatinib mesylate, lapatinib, sorafenib, sunitinib malate, AEE-788, AG-013736, AMG 706, AMN107, BMS-354825, BMS-599626, UCN-01 (7-hydroxystaurosporine), vemurafenib, dabrafenib, trametinib, cobimetinib selumetinib and vatalanib; xii) a targeted signal transduction inhibitor selected from bortezomib, geldanamycin, and rapamycin; xiii) a biological response modifier selected from imiquimod, interferon-.alpha. and interleukin-2; xiv) an IDO inhibitor; and xv) a chemotherapeutic agent selected from 3-AP (3-amino-2-carboxyaldehyde thiosemicarbazone), altrasentan, aminoglutethimide, anagrelide, asparaginase, bryostatin-1, cilengitide, elesclomol, eribulin mesylate (E7389), ixabepilone, lonidamine, masoprocol, mitoguanazone, oblimersen, sulindac, testolactone, tiazofurin, a mTOR inhibitor, a PI3K inhibitor, a Cdk4 inhibitor, an Akt inhibitor, a Hsp90 inhibitor, a farnesyltransferase inhibitor or an aromatase inhibitor (anastrozole letrozole exemestane); xvi) a Mek inhibitor; xvii) a tyrosine kinase inhibitor; xviii) a c-Kit mutant inhibitor, xix) an EGFR inhibitor, or xx) an epigenetic modulator.
12. The pharmaceutical composition according to claim 11, wherein the another therapeutic agent is an epigenetic modulator selected from the group consisting of: (a) a DNA methyltransferase; (b) a histone or protein methyltransferase; (c) a histone demethylase; (d) a histone deacetylase inhibitor; (e) histone acetyltransferase; and (f) other chromatin remodelers.
13. The pharmaceutical composition according to claim 12, wherein the epigenetic modulator is a histone deacetylase inhibitor selected from the group consisting of: vorinostat, romidepsin, chidamide, panobinostat, belinostat, valproic acid, mocetinostat, abexinostat, entinostat, resminostat, givinostat, and quisinostat.
14. A method for treating a subject suffering from or at risk of a disease or condition mediated by a bromodomain, said method comprising administering to the subject in need thereof an effective amount of a compound of claim 6, wherein the disease or condition is an autoimmune condition, an inflammatory condition or a combination thereof.
15. A method for treating a subject suffering from or at risk of a disease or condition mediated by a bromodomain, said method comprising administering to the subject in need thereof an effective amount of a compound of claim 6, wherein the disease or condition is selected from the group consisting of lung cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, midline carcinomas, acral lentiginous melanoma, acute eosinophilic leukemia, acute erythroid leukemia, acute lymphoblastic leukemia, acute megakaryoblastic leukemia, acute monocytic leukemia, acute promyelocytic leukemia, adenocarcinoma, adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma, aggressive NK-cell leukemia, AIDS-related lymphoma, anaplastic large cell lymphoma, angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma, B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia, B-cell prolymphocytic leukemia, B-cell lymphoma, bone cancer, Burkitt's lymphoma, cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, colorectal cancer, diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, enteropathy-associated T-cell lymphoma, follicular lymphoma, glioblastoma multiforme, glioma, gastric cancer, hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma, Hodgkin's lymphoma, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, leukemia, lymphoma, acute lymphocytic leukemia, acute myelogenous leukemia, chronic lymphocytic leukemia, small cell lung cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, MALT lymphoma, malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor, mantle cell lymphoma, marginal zone B-cell lymphoma, mast cell leukemia, medullary carcinoma of the breast, medulloblastoma, melanoma, merkel cell cancer, mesothelioma, multiple myeloma, neuroblastoma, neurofibroma, nodular melanoma, osteosarcoma, ovarian cancer, precursor T-lymphoblastic lymphoma, primary central nervous system lymphoma, primary effusion lymphoma, prostate cancer, pancreatic cancer, skin cancer, T cell lymphoma, and uveal melanoma.
16. The method of claim 14, wherein the autoimmune condition or inflammatory condition is selected from the group consisting of, ulcerative colitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), atherosclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, juvenile arthritis, and osteoarthritis.
17. The method of claim 14, wherein the autoimmune condition or inflammatory condition is selected from the group consisting of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ulcerative colitis, and atherosclerosis.
18. A method for treating a subject suffering from or at risk of a disease or condition mediated by a bromodomain, said method comprising administering to the subject in need thereof an effective amount of a compound of claim 6, wherein the disease or condition is non-small cell lung cancer, small cell lung cancer, ovarian cancer, melanoma, midline carcinomas, breast cancer, lymphomas, neuroblastoma, castration resistant prostate cancer, myelofibrosis, myelodysplastic syndromes, or acute myeloid leukemia.
19. The method of claim 15, further comprising administering quizartinib to said subject.
20. A compound useful for a synthesis of the compound of claim 1, having one of the following formulae: ##STR00022## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt, a tautomer or a deuterated analog thereof.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Merck||ELSPAR||asparaginase||VIAL||101063||001||1978-01-10||Start Trial||Plexxikon Inc. (Berkeley, CA)||2035-09-21||RX||search|
|Genentech||RITUXAN||rituximab||SOLUTION;INTRAVENOUS||103705||001||1997-11-26||Start Trial||Plexxikon Inc. (Berkeley, CA)||2035-09-21||RX||search|
|Genentech||RITUXAN||rituximab||SOLUTION;INTRAVENOUS||103705||002||1997-11-26||Start Trial||Plexxikon Inc. (Berkeley, CA)||2035-09-21||RX||search|
|Genentech||HERCEPTIN||trastuzumab||VIAL; INTRAVENOUS||103792||001||1998-09-25||Start Trial||Plexxikon Inc. (Berkeley, CA)||2035-09-21||RX||Orphan||search|
|Genzyme||CAMPATH||alemtuzumab||VIAL; INTRAVENOUS||103948||001||2001-05-07||Start Trial||Plexxikon Inc. (Berkeley, CA)||2035-09-21||RX||Orphan||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.