DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Subscribe for complete access
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,682,147
|Title:||Self-preserved oil dispersions comprising boric acid|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to a self-preserved oil dispersion. Especially, the present invention relates to a self-preserved oil dispersion including a dispersed oil phase, an aqueous phase and at least one surfactant, wherein said oil dispersion comprises boric acid in an amount ranging from 0.005% to 0.075% in weight of the total weight of the oil dispersion, said amount of boric acid being a preservative effective amount so that the oil dispersion has a preservative activity.|
|Inventor(s):||Garrigue; Jean-Sebastien (Verrieres le Buisson, FR), Lallemand; Frederic (Fresnes, FR), Philips; Betty (Antony, FR)|
|Assignee:||SANTEN SAS (Evry, FR)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A cationic oil dispersion comprising a dispersed oil phase, an aqueous phase, at least one cationic surfactant, and boric acid or a salt thereof, the boric acid
present in an amount ranging from 0.005% to 0.075% by weight of the total weight of the cationic oil dispersion, wherein said amount of boric acid is effective to self-preserve the cationic oil dispersion and wherein the cationic oil dispersion does not
contain conventional preservative agents and does not contain sorbic acid.
2. The cationic oil dispersion of claim 1, having sufficient preservative activity to comply with USP and/or Ph. Eur. preservative efficacy requirements.
3. The cationic oil dispersion of claim 1, wherein the dispersion is an oil-in-water emulsion.
4. The cationic oil dispersion of claim 1, wherein the amount of boric acid ranges from 0.008 to 0.05% w/w.
5. The cationic oil dispersion of claim 1, wherein the amount of boric acid ranges from 0.01 to 0.05% w/w.
6. The cationic oil dispersion of claim 1, wherein the amount of boric acid ranges from 0.01 to 0.02% w/w.
7. The cationic oil dispersion of claim 1, wherein the boric acid is sodium borate, sodium metaborate, calcium borate, borax, tricopper diborate, trioleyl borate, lithium borate, tris(trimethylsilyl) borate, ethyl borate, potassium tetrafluoroborate, disodium dihydrogen borate, manganese borate, oleyl borate, tripentyl borate, tributyl borate, trimethyl borate, tridodecyl borate, triazanium borate, or a combination of any of the foregoing.
8. The cationic oil dispersion of claim 1, wherein the oil phase comprises an oil selected from mineral oil, medium chain triglycerides), triglyceride oils, vegetable oils, corn oil, olive oil, soybean oil, sesame oil, cotton seed oil, sweet almond oil, fatty acid, isopropyl myristate, oily fatty alcohols, esters of sorbitol and fatty acids, oily sucrose esters, and a combination of any of the foregoing.
9. The cationic oil dispersion of claim 1, wherein the cationic surfactant is selected from cetalkonium chloride (CKC), benzethonium chloride, cetrimide, cationic lipids, oleylamine, stearylamine, DOTAP (N-[1-(2,3-dioleoyloxy) propyl]-N,N,N trimethylammonium) chloride, DOPE (dioleoyl phosphatidylethanolamine), poly(ethylenimine) (PEI), poly-L-lysine (PLL), and a combination of any of the foregoing.
10. The cationic oil dispersion of claim 1, comprising a non-ionic surfactant.
11. The cationic oil dispersion of claim 10, wherein the non-ionic surfactant is selected from tyloxapol, poloxamer, polysorbate, solutol, polyoxyethylene fatty acid esters, polyoxyethylene castor oil derivatives, polyoxyethylene sorbitan fatty acid esters, polyoxyethylene stearates, sodium lauryl sulfate, sorbitan esters, vitamin E derivatives, and a combination of any of the foregoing.
12. The cationic oil dispersion of claim 1, further comprising a therapeutically active agent.
13. The cationic oil dispersion of claim 12, wherein the therapeutically active agent is selected from antiallergenics; synthetic glucocorticoids and mineralocorticoids; hormones derived from progesterone, estrogens, or androgenic hormones; anti-inflammatories; non-steroidal anti-inflammatories; immunological drugs; insulin, calcitonin, parathyroid hormone and peptide and vasopressin hypothalamus releasing factor; beta adrenergic blockers; prostaglandins; growth factors; anti-angiogenic compounds; antibodies, antibody fragments, oligoaptamers, aptamers, gene fragments, oligonucleotides, plasmids, ribozymes, small interference RNA, nucleic acid fragments, peptides, antisense sequences; immunomodulators; secretagogues; mucin secretagogues; antithrombolytic and vasodilator agents; androgen mimetics, flaxseed oil supplements, agonists of adenosine A3 receptor, squalene; antioxidants; inhibitors of carbonic anhydrase; sympathomimetics; parasympathomimetics; cholinesterase inhibitors; antivirals; antibiotics; antifungals; antibacterials; derivatives of any of the foregoing; prodrugs of any of the foregoing; precursors of any of the foregoing; acceptable salts of any of the foregoing; and a combination of any of the foregoing.
14. The cationic oil dispersion of claim 12, wherein the therapeutically active agent is selected from cortisone, hydrocortisone, hydrocortisone acetate, dexamethasone, dexamethasone 21-phosphate, fluorocinolone, medrysone, prednisone, methylprednisone, prednisolone acetate, fluoromethalone, triamcinolone, betamethasone, loteprednol, flumethasone, mometasone, danazol, beclomethasone, difluprednate and triamcinolone acetonide and their derivatives; latanoprost, bimatoprost, tafluprost or travoprost; natural or synthetic cyclosporines, endoxan, sirolimus, tacrolimus, thalidomide, and tamoxifene.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Approval Date||Patent No.||Expiredate|
|Nps Pharmaceuticals, Inc.||NATPARA||parathyroid hormone||For Injection||125511||2015-01-23||⤷ Sign up for a Free Trial||2032-02-23|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Expiredate|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.