DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,663,484
|Title:||Isoflavonoid compounds and methods for the treatment of cancer|
|Abstract:||Provided herein is a pharmaceutical composition comprising at least one isoflavonoid. Also provided herein are methods of treating cancer, sensitizing cancer cells, and inducing apoptosis in cancer cells by administering such compositions.|
|Inventor(s):||Jeoffreys; George (Baulkham Hills, AU), Johnson; Alison (Drummoyne, AU), Heaton; Andrew (Alexandria, AU), Moreno; Ofir (Poway, CA)|
|Assignee:||MEI PHARMA, INC. (San Diego, CA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising d-cis-3-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-4-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-8-methylchroman-7-ol.
2. The composition of claim 1, wherein the composition further comprises an anti-cancer agent selected from the group consisting of cisplatin, carboplatin, paclitaxel, gemcitabine, doxorubicin, epirubicin, cyclophosphamide, capecitabine, 5-fluorouracil, vinorelbine, trastuzumab, or bevacizumab.
3. A kit comprising a composition comprising d-cis-3-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-4-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-8-methylchroman-7-ol; and a sealable, plastic infusion bag.
4. A method of treating cancer in an individual in need of cancer therapy, the method comprising administering to the individual a composition comprising d-cis-3-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-4-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-8-methylchroman-7-ol.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the composition increases or induces sensitivity of the cancer to a chemotherapeutic agent, anti-cancer agent, or radiation therapy.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the cancer has lost sensitivity to a chemotherapeutic agent, anti-cancer agent, or radiation therapy.
7. The method of claim 4, wherein said cancer is selected from the group consisting of bladder cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, rectal cancer, endometrial cancer, kidney cancer, leukemia, lung cancer, melanoma, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer, thyroid cancer, and cancers of the brain.
8. The method of claim 4, wherein said cancer is human breast cancer or ovarian cancer.
Summary for Patent: Start Trial
|PCT Filed||November 01, 2011||PCT Application Number:||PCT/US2011/058815|
|PCT Publication Date:||May 10, 2012||PCT Publication Number:||WO2012/061409|
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Genentech||HERCEPTIN||trastuzumab||VIAL; INTRAVENOUS||103792||001||1998-09-25||Start Trial||MEI PHARMA, INC. (San Diego, CA)||2030-11-01||RX||Orphan||search|
|Genentech||AVASTIN||bevacizumab||VIAL; INTRAVENOUS||125085||001||2004-02-26||Start Trial||MEI PHARMA, INC. (San Diego, CA)||2030-11-01||RX||Orphan||search|
|Genentech||AVASTIN||bevacizumab||VIAL; INTRAVENOUS||125085||002||2004-02-26||Start Trial||MEI PHARMA, INC. (San Diego, CA)||2030-11-01||RX||Orphan||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2012061409||May 10, 2012|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2012061413||Aug 16, 2012|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2012061413||May 10, 2012|
|United States of America||10105346||Oct 23, 2018|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.