DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,592,211
|Title:||Compositions for improvement of brain function|
|Abstract:||A composition comprising alpha-ketoglutaric acid or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof (AKG), and one or more enzymes selected from a group consisting of a lipase, a protease and an amylase, and medical uses thereof in, neurological and/or neurodegenerative disease, neurological trauma, depression or chronic fatigue syndrome.|
|Inventor(s):||Pierzynowski; Stefan (Trelleborg, SE)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of promoting nerve growth, comprising administering a composition comprising alpha-ketoglutaric acid or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof (AKG),
and a lipase, a protease and an amylase to a subject in need thereof.
2. The method of treatment according to claim 1, wherein the treatment comprises administering an amount of the composition containing 0.1-30 g AKG to a patient per day.
3. The method of treatment according to claim 1, wherein the composition comprises 3000-300000 USP units of Burkholderia cepacia lipase per g AKG, 2000-200000 USP units of Aspergillus melleus protease per g AKG, and 300-30000 USP units of Aspergillus oryzae amylase per g AKG.
4. The method of treatment according to claim 1, wherein the lipase is selected from the group consisting of a mammalian lipase, a microbial lipase, a bacterial lipase, a pancrelipase lipase, a liprotamase lipase, a Pseudomonas lipase, a human or other mammalian bile-salt stimulated lipase (BSSL), a human or other mammalian bile-salt dependent lipase (BSDL), a Rhizopus oryzae lipase, a Chromobacterium viscosum lipase, a Rhizopus delemar lipase, a Burkholderia lipase, a Burkholderia cepacia lipase, and a Burkholderia cepacia lipase as cross-linked lipase crystals.
5. The method of treatment according to claim 1, wherein the protease is selected from the group consisting of a mammalian protease, a microbial protease, a fungal protease, a pancrelipase protease, a liprotamase protease, an Aspergillus protease and an Aspergillus melleus protease.
6. The method of treatment according to claim 1, wherein the amylase is selected from the group consisting of a mammalian amylase, a microbial amylase, a fungal amylase, a pancrelipase amylase, a liprotamase amylase, an Aspergillus amylase and Aspergillus oryzae amylase.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the number of nerve cells is increased.
Summary for Patent: Start Trial
|Foriegn Application Priority Data|
|Foreign Country||Foreign Patent Number||Foreign Patent Date|
|Sweden||1200567||Sep 19, 2012|
|PCT Filed||September 19, 2013||PCT Application Number:||PCT/SE2013/051098|
|PCT Publication Date:||March 27, 2014||PCT Publication Number:||WO2014/046603|
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Abbvie||CREON||pancrelipase (amylase;lipase;protease)||CAPSULE, DELAYED RELEASE;ORAL||020725||001||2009-04-30||Start Trial||2032-09-19||RX||search|
|Abbvie||CREON||pancrelipase (amylase;lipase;protease)||CAPSULE, DELAYED RELEASE;ORAL||020725||002||2009-04-30||Start Trial||2032-09-19||RX||search|
|Abbvie||CREON||pancrelipase (amylase;lipase;protease)||CAPSULE, DELAYED RELEASE;ORAL||020725||003||2009-04-30||Start Trial||2032-09-19||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Estimated Expiration|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2014046603||Start Trial|
|United States of America||2015297544||Start Trial|
|United States of America||2017333372||Start Trial|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Estimated Expiration|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.