Cellular targets on cancer cells have been identified that can be used with targeted molecular imaging to detect the cancer cells in vivo. Non-invasive methods for detecting cancer cells, such as metastasized cancer cells, are therefore provided. Also provided are compositions and kits for use in the disclosed methods.
Ruoslahti; Erkki (Buellton, CA), Laakkonen; Pirjo (Helsinki, FI)
Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute (La Jolla, CA)
1. A method for targeted therapy in a patient with brain cancer comprising administering to a patient in need of such therapy an effective amount of a pharmaceutical composition
comprising anti-mammary-derived growth inhibitor (MDGI) antibody and a cancer chemotherapeutic agent.
2. The method according to claim 1 further comprising combining the targeted therapy with a cancer therapy, wherein the cancer therapy cancer is radiation therapy, surgery, siRNA or shRNA for MDGI to inhibit MDGI expression or function in the
brain of the patient, or combinations thereof.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the chemotherapeutic agent is selected from the group consisting of a taxane, an antracyclin, an alkylating agent, a vinca alkaloid, an anti-metabolite, a platinum agent, a steroid, an antibiotic, a selective
estrogen receptor modulator and an antibody cancer therapeutic agent.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the cancer therapeutic agent is selected from the group consisting of docetaxel, doxorubicin, cisplatin, carboplatin, methotrexate, adriamycin, and trastuzumab.
5. The method of claim 2, wherein the composition further comprises a peptide comprising SEQ ID NO:5 or a variant thereof.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the anti-MDGI antibody is conjugated to SEQ ID NO:5 or a variant thereof.
7. The method of claim 2, wherein the composition is administered after surgical removal of the brain tumor.
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors.
Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data.
The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free.
thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user.
Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.
Alerts Available With Subscription
Alerts are available for users with active subscriptions.