|Patent Claims:||1. A synergistic composition comprising a prodrug of tosyl-L-arginine methylester (TAME) and apcin or an analog or derivative thereof, wherein the prodrug of TAME is
proTAME: ##STR00005## and wherein the apcin comprises ##STR00006## wherein said composition diffuses across the plasma membrane of a cell.
2. The composition of claim 1, wherein said prodrug is characterized as having a eukaryotic cell permeability level at least 20% greater than that of TAME.
3. A pharmaceutical composition comprising the composition of claim 1 and a pharmaceutical carrier.
4. The composition of claim 1, wherein said cell is eukaryotic, mammalian, or human.
5. The composition of claim 1, wherein said prodrug of TAME inhibits an activity of an anaphase promoting complex (APC).
6. A synergistic formulation comprising an amount of: a) a prodrug of tosyl-L-arginine methylester (TAME), and b) apcin, that is sufficient to inhibit the degradation of a substrate of an anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome (APC) for arresting
the mitotic cycle of a cell, wherein said prodrug of TAME is proTAME: ##STR00007## and wherein said apcin is ##STR00008##
7. The formulation of claim 6, further comprising a pharmaceutical carrier.
8. The formulation of claim 6, further comprising an additional therapeutic agent.
9. The formulation of claim 8, wherein the therapeutic agent comprises a chemotherapy agent, a radiation therapy agent, an immunotherapy agent, or a hormone therapy agent.
10. The formulation of claim 9, wherein the radiation therapy agent is actinium-225 (Ac.sup.225), bismuth-213 (Bi.sup.213), boron-10 (B.sup.10)+neutron therapy, holmium-166 (Ho.sup.166), iodine-125 (I.sup.125), iodine-131 (I.sup.133),
iridium-192 (Ir.sup.192), lead-212 (Pb.sup.212), lutetium-177 (Lu.sup.177), rhenium-186 (Re.sup.186), samarium-153 (Sm.sup.153), strontium-89 (Sr.sup.89), or yttrium-90 (Y.sup.90).
11. The formulation of claim 9, wherein the immunotherapy agent is an antibody selected from the group consisting of rituximab, trastuzumab, gemtuzumab ozogamicin, alemtuzumab, ibritumomab tiuxetan, tositumomab, cetuximab, bevacizumab,
panitumumab, ofatumumab, denosumab, ipilimumab, and brentuximab vedotin.
12. The formulation of claim 9, wherein the hormone therapy agent is tamoxifen, an aromatase inhibitor, anastrozole, letrozole, or fulvestrant.
13. The formulation of claim 9, wherein the chemotherapy agent is carboplatin, cisplatin, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, etoposide, fluorouracil, gemcitabine, irinotecan, methotrexate, paclitaxel, topotecan, vincristine, or vinblastine.
14. The formulation of claim 9, wherein the chemotherapy agent is a nutlin, sirolimus (rapamycin), or MG132.
15. The formulation of claim 6, wherein said cell is eukaryotic, mammalian, or human.
16. The formulation of claim 6, wherein said cell is characterized by a proliferative disorder.
17. The formulation of claim 16, wherein the cell proliferative disorder is cancer, Castleman Disease, Gestational Trophoblastic Disease, or myelodysplastic syndrome.
18. The formulation of claim 17, wherein the cancer is adrenal cortical cancer, anal cancer, bile duct cancer, bladder cancer, bone cancer, brain or a nervous system cancer, breast cancer, cervical cancer, colon cancer, rectal cancer,
colorectal cancer, endometrial cancer, esophageal cancer, Ewing family of tumor, eye cancer, gallbladder cancer, gastrointestinal carcinoid cancer, gastrointestinal stromal cancer, Hodgkin Disease, intestinal cancer, Kaposi Sarcoma, kidney cancer, large
intestine cancer, laryngeal cancer, hypopharyngeal cancer, laryngeal and hypopharyngeal cancer, leukemia, acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL), acute myeloid leukemia (AML), chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), chronic myeloid leukemia (CML), chronic
myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML), liver cancer, lung cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, small cell lung cancer, lung carcinoid tumor, lymphoma, lymphoma of the skin, malignant mesothelioma, multiple myeloma, nasal cavity cancer, paranasal sinus cancer,
nasal cavity and paranasal sinus cancer, nasopharyngeal cancer, neuroblastoma, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, oral cavity cancer, oropharyngeal cancer, oral cavity and oropharyngeal cancer, osteosarcoma, ovarian cancer, pancreatic cancer, penile cancer, pituitary
tumor, prostate cancer, retinoblastoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, salivary gland cancer, sarcoma, adult soft tissue sarcoma, skin cancer, basal cell skin cancer, squamous cell skin cancer, basal and squamous cell skin cancer, melanoma, stomach cancer, small
intestine cancer, testicular cancer, thymus cancer, thyroid cancer, uterine sarcoma, uterine cancer, vaginal cancer, vulvar cancer, Waldenstrom Macroglobulinemia, or Wilms Tumor.
19. The formulation of claim 18, wherein the cancer is primary or metastatic.
20. The formulation of claim 18, wherein the cancer occurs in a child or an adult.