DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Subscribe for complete access
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,480,745
|Title:||Targeted treatment of anerobic cancer|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to a pharmaceutical cocktail and methods of treatment involving said cocktail, in particular, a combination of effective amounts of a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, in combination with effective amounts of an angiogenesis inhibitor, including a vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) inhibitor such as bevacizumab for the treatment of cancer. In other embodiments, it relates to compositions and methods of treating cancer involving effective amounts of a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor. Pharmaceutical compositions and methods of treating cancer (eliminating the tumor, shrinking the tumor, prolonging the life of the patient, increasing quality of life by decreasing the grade of adverse events seen with other cancer treatments, and/or preventing/reducing the likelihood of the tumor\'s metastases) are additional aspects of the present invention. In addition, the present invention may be used to favorably impact the therapeutic result of patients who have not responded to alternative, traditional anti-cancer therapy.|
|Inventor(s):||Haaga; John R. (Chagrin Falls, OH), Haaga; Rebecca (Chagrin Falls, OH)|
|Assignee:||University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center (Cleveland, OH)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of treating cancer comprising administering to a patient an effective amount of a loop diuretic and an angiogenesis inhibitor, wherein said patient has metastases and said
administration reduces metastases of said cancer.
2. The method according to claim 1 wherein said angiogenesis inhibitor is a humanized monoclonal antibody.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein said antibody is bevacizumab.
4. The method according to claim 1 wherein said treating comprises repeated administration of at least one of the loop diuretic and angiogenesis inhibitor.
5. The method according to claim 1 wherein said loop diuretic is bumetanide.
6. The method according to claim 1 wherein said cancer is hypoxic cancer.
7. The method according to claim 1 wherein said administering results in the shrinkage of said cancer.
8. A pharmaceutical composition comprising an effective amount of a loop diuretic and an angiogenesis inhibitor, wherein said angiogenesis inhibitor is bevacizumab.
9. The composition according to claim 8 wherein said loop diuretic is bumetanide.
10. The composition according to claim 8 formulated for intravenous administration.
11. A pharmaceutical composition comprising an effective amount of a loop diuretic and an angiogenesis inhibitor, wherein said loop diuretic is bumetanide.
12. The composition according to claim 11, formulated for intravenous administration.
13. The composition according to claim 11, wherein said angiogenesis inhibitor is bevacizumab.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Approval Date||Patent No.||Expiredate|
|Genentech, Inc.||AVASTIN||bevacizumab||Injection||125085||2004-02-26||⤷ Try it Free||2039-02-26|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Expiredate|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.