DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,222,137
|Title:||Method for monitoring minimal residual hairy cell leukemia|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to hairy cell leukemia biomarkers and methods of utilizing these biomarkers to diagnose and/or treat hairy cell leukemia.|
|Inventor(s):||Tiacci; Enrico (Perugia, IT), Falini; Brunangelo (Perugia, IT), Rabadan; Raul (New York, NY)|
|Assignee:||Trovagene, Inc. (San Diego, CA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of monitoring minimal residual disease in a subject who has been treated for hairy cell leukemia with an anti-proliferative agent, the method comprising: obtaining a first
urine sample from the subject, and detecting the BRAF V600E mutation, if present, in said sample, wherein said detecting comprises amplifying, by the polymerase chain reaction (PCR), a nucleic acid encoding said BRAF V600E mutation in said sample,
wherein the detection of the BRAF V600E mutation indicates the presence of residual hairy cell leukemia in the subject and wherein the treatment with the anti-proliferative agent ended and no signs or symptoms of hairy cell leukemia was evident when the
first urine sample was taken.
2. The method of claim 1, further comprising comparing the amount of said BRAF V600E mutation in said first urine sample with the amount of said BRAF V600E mutation determined in a urine sample from a subject not suffering from hairy cell leukemia or symptoms thereof.
3. The method of claim 1, further comprising sequencing said BRAF V600E mutation in the nucleic acids amplified by PCR.
4. The method of claim 1, further comprising administering a therapeutically effective amount of an anti-proliferative agent to said subject if the BRAF V600E mutation is in the sample.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein said anti-proliferative agent is a purine analog, and interferon, rituximab or bendamustine.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein said purine analog is pentostatin, cladaribine, azathioprine, mercaptopurine, thioguanine or fludarabine.
7. The method of claim 4, further comprising administering a therapeutically effective amount of a BRAF inhibitor.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein said BRAF inhibitor is PLX-4032 (Vemurafenib), GSK 2118436 (Dabrafenib), PLX-4720, SB590885, XL-281, RAF-265, GDC-0897, or Sorafenib.
9. The method of claim 4, further comprising administering a therapeutically effective amount of a MEK or ERK inhibitor.
10. The method of claim 9, wherein said MEK or ERK inhibitor is Any-142886/AZD-6244, SCIO-469, GW681323, U0126, XL-518, CI-1040, PD035901 or GSK1120212.
11. The method of claim 1, further comprising recommending the administration of a therapeutically effective amount of an anti-proliferative agent to said subject if the BRAF V600E mutation is present in the sample.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Genentech||RITUXAN||rituximab||SOLUTION;INTRAVENOUS||103705||001||1997-11-26||Start Trial||Trovagene, Inc. (San Diego, CA)||2031-05-10||RX||search|
|Genentech||RITUXAN||rituximab||SOLUTION;INTRAVENOUS||103705||002||1997-11-26||Start Trial||Trovagene, Inc. (San Diego, CA)||2031-05-10||RX||search|
|Genentech Inc||RITUXAN HYCELA||rituximab; hyaluronidase (human recombinant)||SOLUTION;SUBCUTANEOUS||761064||001||2017-06-22||Start Trial||Trovagene, Inc. (San Diego, CA)||2031-05-10||RX||Orphan||search|
|Genentech Inc||RITUXAN HYCELA||rituximab; hyaluronidase (human recombinant)||SOLUTION;SUBCUTANEOUS||761064||002||2017-06-22||Start Trial||Trovagene, Inc. (San Diego, CA)||2031-05-10||RX||Orphan||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Estimated Expiration|
|European Patent Office||2707508||Start Trial|
|United States of America||2013064789||Start Trial|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2012154908||Start Trial|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Estimated Expiration|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.