DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Subscribe for complete access
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,155,723
|Title:||Anti-CXCR4 as a sensitizer to cancer therapeutics|
|Abstract:||Inhibition of CXCR4 can inhibit tumor growth and metastasis during certain therapeutic windows. Disclosed are novel methods for treating and preventing cancer in a subject related to administration of CXCR4 inhibitors during a therapeutic window following treatment with another anti-tumor therapy.|
|Inventor(s):||Jain; Rakesh K. (Wellesley, MA), Duda; Dan G. (Belmont, MA), Kozin; Sergey V. (Cambridge, MA), Fukumura; Dai (Newton, MA)|
|Assignee:||THE GENERAL HOSPITAL CORPORATION (Boston, MA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of treating a cancer tumor in a subject in need thereof, comprising: administering an anti-tumor therapy to the subject; and administering a therapeutically effective
amount of a CXCR4 inhibitor to the subject within 5 days of administering the anti-tumor therapy; measuring the level of CXCL12 expression in the subject; comparing the level of CXCL12 expression in the subject to a reference level; and administering
the CXCR4 inhibitor to the subject until CXCL12 expression is within 10% of the reference level.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the treatment comprises treating metastasis of a cancer tumor.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the CXCR4 inhibitor is selected from the group consisting of small organic or inorganic molecules; polysaccharides; peptides; polypeptides; proteins; antibodies; peptide analogs and derivatives; peptidomimetics; nucleic acids; nucleic acid analogs and derivatives; and any combinations thereof.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the CXCR4 inhibitor is selected from the group consisting of 1,1'-[1,4-phenylene-bis(methylene)]-bis-1,4,8,11-tetraazacyclotetradecane (AMD-3100); NOXA12; CTCE-9908; ALX40-4C; T22; T140; Met-SDF1 beta (Met-SDF-1.beta.); T134; AMD-3465; N'-(1-Hbenzimidazol-2-yl methyl)-N1-(5,6,7,8-tetrahydroquinoline8-yl)-butane 1,4-diamine; CTCF-0214; CTCF-9908; CP-1221; 4F-benzoylTN24003; KRH-1120; KRH-1636; KRH-2731; polyphemusin analogue; ALX40-4C; T-140; T-140 analogs and derivatives; TN14003; TC14012; TE14011; and any combinations thereof.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the anti-tumor therapy is selected from the group consisting of radiation therapy, chemotherapy, antiangiogenic therapy, and any combinations thereof.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the anti-tumor therapy increases the expression of CXCL12 by at least 10%.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the antitumor therapy comprises administering a VEGF inhibitor.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein the VEGF inhibitor is selected from the group consisting of: ABT-869: AEE-788; AG-13736; AG-028262; Angiostatin; bevacizumab; AVE-8062; AZD-2171; sorafenib; BMS-387032; CEP-7055; CHIR-258; GFKI; CP-547632; CP-564959; E-7080; 786034; GW-654652; IMC-1 C11; KRN-951; PKC-412; PTK-787; SU11248; SU-5416; SU-6668; AVE-0005; thalidomide; XL-647; XL-999; ZD-6474; ZK-304709; Pazopanib; CDP791; Enzastaurin; BIBF 1120; BAY 573952; BAY 734506; XL 184; IMC-1121B; CEP 701; SU 014813; SU 10944; SU 12662; OSI-930; BMS 582664; ZD-6126; Imatinib; STI-571; CGP-57148; RAD-001; BMS-354825; Volociximab; CCI-779; 17-AAG; DMXAA; CI-1040; CI-1033; (5-[5-fluoro-2-oxo-1,2-dihydroindol(3Z)-ylidenemethyl]-2,4-dimethyl-1H-py- rrole-3-carboxylic acid [2-diethylaminoethyl]amide); 4TBPPAPC; AMG 706; and PTK/ZK.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the anti-tumor therapy comprises administering a p38 MAPK inhibitor.
10. The method of claim 9, wherein the p38 MAPK inhibitor is selected from the group consisting of antisense p38 MAPK nucleic acids and fragments thereof, antibodies that bind p38 MAPK and fragments thereof, EO-1428, SB239063, SB281832, VX-702, VX-745, ZM336372, RPR 200765A, N-(3-tert-butyl-1-methyl-5-pyrazolyl)N'-(4-(4-pyridinylmethyl)phenyl)urea- , SB203580, SB202190, PD169316, fr-167653, trans-1-(4-hydroxycyclohexyl)-4-(4-fluorophenyl)-5-(2 methoxypyridimidin-4-yl)imidazole, 2-(4-Chlorophenyl)-4-)4-fluorophenyl)-5-pyridin-4-yl-1,2-dihydropyrazol-3- -one, and any combinations thereof.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein the cancer is selected from the group consisting of basal cell carcinoma, biliary tract cancer; bladder cancer; bone cancer; brain and CNS cancer; breast cancer; cancer of the peritoneum; cervical cancer; choriocarcinoma; colon and rectum cancer; connective tissue cancer; cancer of the digestive system; endometrial cancer; esophageal cancer; eye cancer; cancer of the head and neck; gastric cancer (including gastrointestinal cancer); glioblastoma; hepatic carcinoma; hepatoma; intra-epithelial neoplasm; kidney or renal cancer; larynx cancer; leukemia; liver cancer; lung cancer (e.g., small-cell lung cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, adenocarcinoma of the lung, and squamous carcinoma of the lung); lymphoma including Hodgkin's and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma; melanoma; myeloma; neuroblastoma; oral cavity cancer (e.g., lip, tongue, mouth, and pharynx); ovarian cancer; pancreatic cancer; prostate cancer; retinoblastoma; rhabdomyosarcoma; rectal cancer; cancer of the respiratory system; salivary gland carcinoma; sarcoma; skin cancer; squamous cell cancer; stomach cancer; testicular cancer; thyroid cancer; uterine or endometrial cancer; cancer of the urinary system; vulval cancer; as well as other carcinomas and sarcomas; as well as B-cell lymphoma (including low grade/follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL); small lymphocytic (SL) NHL; intermediate grade/follicular NHL; intermediate grade diffuse NHL; high grade immunoblastic NHL; high grade lymphoblastic NHL; high grade small non-cleaved cell NHL; bulky disease NHL; mantle cell lymphoma; AIDS-related lymphoma; and Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia); chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL); acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL); Hairy cell leukemia; chronic myeloblastic leukemia; and post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder (PTLD), as well as abnormal vascular proliferation associated with phakomatoses, edema (such as that associated with brain tumors), and Meigs' syndrome.
12. The method of claim 1, wherein the CXCR4 inhibitor administration is systemic administration.
13. The method of claim 1, wherein the CXCR4 inhibitor administration is by injection, infusion, instillation, inhalation, or ingestion.
14. The method of claim 13, wherein said injection is intravenous, intramuscular, intraarterial, intrathecal, intraventricular, intracapsular, intraorbital, intracardiac, intradermal, intraperitoneal, transtracheal, subcutaneous, subcuticular, intraarticular, sub capsular, subarachnoid, intraspinal, intracerebro spinal, or intrasternal injection.
15. The method of claim 1, wherein the therapeutically effective amount of the CXCR4 inhibitor is 1 .mu.g/kg to 150 mg/kg of bodyweight.
16. The method of claim 1, wherein the CXCR4 inhibitor is administered for at least 1 day.
17. The method of claim 16, wherein the CXCR4 inhibitor is administered for at least one week.
18. The method of claim 1, wherein the subject is a human.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Approval Date||Patent No.||Expiredate|
|Genentech, Inc.||AVASTIN||bevacizumab||Injection||125085||2004-02-26||⤷ Try it Free||2039-02-26|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Expiredate|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.