DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,139,634
|Title:||Interferon-antibody fusion proteins demonstrating potent apoptotic and anti-tumor activities|
|Abstract:||This invention provides novel chimeric moieties that show significant efficacy against cancers. In certain embodiments the chimeric moieties comprise a targeting moiety attached to an interferon. In certain embodiments, the chimeric moieties comprise fusion proteins where an antibody that specifically binds to a cancer marker is fused to interferon alpha (IFN-.alpha.).|
|Inventor(s):||Morrison; Sherie L. (Los Angeles, CA), Huang; Tzu-Hsuan (Houston, TX), Xuan; Caiyun (Los Angeles, CA)|
|Assignee:||The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of inhibiting growth and/or proliferation of a cancer cell, said method comprising contacting said cancer cell with a chimeric construct comprising a type I
interferon attached to a full-length antibody that binds to a tumor-associated antigen, wherein said antibody is attached to said interferon by a peptide linker that is resistant to proteolysis, wherein the amino acid sequence of said peptide linker is
SGGGGS (SEQ ID NO:62) or AEAAAKEAAAKAGS (SEQ ID NO:63).
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said cancer cell is selected from the group consisting of a cell in a solid tumor, a metastatic cell, a breast cancer cell, and a B cell lymphoma.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said cancer cell is cell produced by a cancer selected from the group consisting of a B cell lymphoma, lung cancer, a bronchus cancer, a colorectal cancer, a prostate cancer, a breast cancer, a pancreas cancer, a stomach cancer, an ovarian cancer, a urinary bladder cancer, a brain or central nervous system cancer, a peripheral nervous system cancer, an esophageal cancer, a cervical cancer, a melanoma, a uterine or endometrial cancer, a cancer of the oral cavity or pharynx, a liver cancer, a kidney cancer, a biliary tract cancer, a small bowel or appendix cancer, a salivary gland cancer, a thyroid gland cancer, a adrenal gland cancer, an osteosarcoma, a chondrosarcoma, a liposarcoma, a testes cancer, and a malignant fibrous histiocytoma.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said contacting comprises administration via a route selected from the group consisting of systemic administration, administration directly into a tumor site, and intravenous administration.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein said cancer cell is a cancer cell in a human.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein said cancer cell is a cancer cell in a non-human mammal.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein said antibody is attached to said interferon by a peptide linker wherein the amino acid sequence of said linker is SGGGGS (SEQ ID NO:62).
8. The method of claim 1, wherein said antibody specifically binds a tumor associated antigen selected from the group consisting of CD20, HER3, HER2/neu, mucin 1 (MUC-1), G250, mesothelin, gp100, tyrosinase, and melanoma-associated antigen (MAGE).
9. The method of claim 1, wherein said antibody is an antibody that binds CD20.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein said antibody is an antibody that comprises the variable regions for anti-CD20 (Rituximab).
11. The method of claim 1, wherein said antibody is an antibody selected form the group consisting of rituximab, IF5, B1, 1H4, CD19, B4, B43, FVS191, hLL2, LL2, RFB4, M195, HuM195, AT13/5, trastuzumab, 4D5, HuCC49, HUCC39.DELTA.CH2 B72.3, 12C10, IG5, H23, BM-2, BM-7, 12H12, MAM-6, HMFG-1.
12. The method of claim 7, wherein said antibody is an antibody that binds to CD20.
13. The method of claim 7, wherein said antibody is an antibody that binds to HER2.
14. The method according to any one of claim 12 or 13, wherein said interferon is IFN-.alpha..
15. The method according to any one of claim 12 or 13, wherein said interferon is IFN-.beta..
16. The method of claim 1, wherein said antibody is attached to said interferon by a peptide linker wherein the amino acid sequence of said linker is AEAAAKEAAAKAGS (SEQ ID NO:63).
Summary for Patent: Start Trial
|PCT Filed||September 19, 2008||PCT Application Number:||PCT/US2008/077074|
|PCT Publication Date:||March 26, 2009||PCT Publication Number:||WO2009/039409|
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Genentech||RITUXAN||rituximab||VIAL||103705||001||1997-11-26||Start Trial||The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA)||2027-09-21||RX||search|
|Genentech||HERCEPTIN||trastuzumab||VIAL; INTRAVENOUS||103792||001||1998-09-25||Start Trial||The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA)||2027-09-21||RX||Orphan||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2009039409||Mar 26, 2009|
|United States of America||10182984||Jan 22, 2019|
|United States of America||2010172868||Jul 08, 2010|
|United States of America||2010297076||Nov 25, 2010|
|United States of America||2011104112||May 05, 2011|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.