DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Join the DrugPatentWatch Referral Program Get access to a free drug patent landscape report or a free one-month subscription
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,809,330
|Title:||Pyrazolo[1,5-A]pyrimidines for antiviral treatment|
|Abstract:||The invention provides compounds of Formula I or Formula II: ##STR00001## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or ester, thereof, as described herein. The compounds and compositions thereof are useful for treating Pneumovirinae virus infections. The compounds, compositions, and methods provided are particularly useful for the treatment of Human respiratory syncytial virus infections.|
|Inventor(s):||Babaoglu; Kerim (Pacifica, CA), Boojamra; Constantine G. (San Francisco, CA), Eisenberg; Eugene J. (San Carlos, CA), Hui; Hon Chung (San Mateo, CA), Mackman; Richard L. (Milbrae, CA), Parrish; Jay P. (Redwood City, CA), Sangi; Michael (Oakland, CA), Saunders; Oliver L. (San Mateo, CA), Siegel; Dustin (Foster City, CA), Sperandio; David (Palo Alto, CA), Yang; Hai (San Mateo, CA)|
|Assignee:||Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Foster City, CA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of treating a Pneumovirinae virus infection in a human in need thereof comprising administering to the human a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of
formula: ##STR00774## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the Pneumovirinae virus infection is caused by human respiratory syncytial virus.
3. The method of claim 1 further comprising administering a therapeutically effective amount of at least one other therapeutic agent selected from ribavirin, palivizumab, motavizumab, RSV-IGIV, MEDI-557, A-60444, MDT-637, BMS-433771, ALN-RSV0 and ALX-0171, or mixtures thereof.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein the therapeutically effective amount is a daily dose of from 1 mg to 1,000 mg administered in a single dose or multiple doses.
5. The method of claim 4 wherein the therapeutically effective amount is administered orally.
6. The method of claim 5 wherein the therapeutically effective amount is administered in an aqueous solution or suspension.
7. The method of claim 1 wherein the therapeutically effective amount is a daily dose of from 5 mg to 500 mg administered in a single dose or multiple doses.
8. The method of claim 7 wherein the therapeutically effective amount is administered orally.
9. The method of claim 7 wherein the therapeutically effective amount is administered in an aqueous solution or suspension.
10. The method of claim 1 wherein the pharmaceutically acceptable salt is a trifluoroacetic acid salt.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Medimmune||SYNAGIS||palivizumab||VIAL||103770||001||1998-06-19||Start Trial||Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Foster City, CA)||2030-06-24||RX||search|
|Medimmune||SYNAGIS||palivizumab||VIAL||103770||002||1998-06-19||Start Trial||Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Foster City, CA)||2030-06-24||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|South Africa||201209549||Jul 29, 2015|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2011163518||Dec 29, 2011|
|Uruguay||33467||Jan 31, 2012|
|United States of America||2012003215||Jan 05, 2012|
|United States of America||2014072554||Mar 13, 2014|
|United States of America||2014154240||Jun 05, 2014|
|United States of America||2016130275||May 12, 2016|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.