DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Subscribe for complete access
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,754,045
|Title:||Enzymatic debridement therapy for abnormal cell proliferation|
|Abstract:||Compositions and methods are provided to destroy internal cancerous lesions selectively by the administration of a combination of a debridement protease enzyme and a denaturant of cell structural proteins and or cell adhesion proteins.|
|Inventor(s):||Livingston; James A. (Macon, GA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of treating a cancer in a patient, comprising administering to a patient in need thereof a treatment effective amount of a composition consisting of one or more
debridement enzymes and one or more denaturants, and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier, wherein the cancer is a leukemia, ovarian, breast, colon, prostate, lung, renal, or CNS cancer.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the debridement enzyme is selected from the group consisting of a plasma enzyme, a pancreatic enzyme, a cysteine protease, a serine protease, and a metallopeptidase.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the debridement enzyme is selected from the group consisting of fibrinolysin, desoxyribonuclease, trypsin, chymotrypsin, krillase, bromelain, papain, ficin, subtilisins, proteinase K, collagenase, vibriolysin, thermolysin, streptokinase and streptodornase.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein the debridement enzyme is papain.
5. The method of claim 1 comprising administering the debridement enzyme in a dose in the range about 1.times.10.sup.4 to 1.times.10.sup.8 USP per gram.
6. The method of claim 1 comprising administering the debridement enzyme in a dose of about 1.1.times.10.sup.6 USP per gram.
7. The method of claim 1 wherein the denaturant is selected from the group consisting of urea, lactic acid, citric acid, an aliphatic alcohol, .beta.-mercaptoethanol, a detergent, sodium dodecyl sulfate, formaldehyde, acetone, acetonitrile, dimethylsulfoxide, dimethylformamide, propylene carbonate, ethylene carbonate, a metal scavenger, crown ethers, a crown amine, a polyether, polyethyleneoxide, a polyamine, polyethyleneamine, cryptands, ethylenediarninetetraacetic acid or its salts, silver sulfadiazine, gentamicin, penicillin, a strong acid, hydrochloric acid, phosphoric acid, sulfuric acid, an acid with a pK.sub.a less than about 4, a strong base, sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, sodium carbonate, and a base with a pK.sub.a greater than about 10.
8. The method of claim 1 wherein the denaturant is urea.
9. The method of claim 4 wherein the denaturant is urea.
10. The method of claim 1 wherein the denaturant is present in concentration range of about 0.1-40 weight percent.
11. The method of claim 1 wherein the denaturant is present in concentration range of about 10 weight percent to 50 weight percent.
12. The method of claim 1 wherein the denaturant is present in concentration range of about 5 weight percent to 20 weight percent.
13. The method of claim 1 wherein the denaturant is present in concentration range of about 1-5 weight percent.
14. The method of claim 1, wherein the enzyme retains at least 80% activity in the presence of the denaturant.
15. The method of claim 1, wherein the enzyme retains at least 90% activity in the presence of the denaturant.
16. The method of claim 1, wherein the enzyme retains at least 95% in the presence of the denaturant.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Approval Date||Patent No.||Expiredate|
|Smith & Nephew, Inc.||SANTYL||collagenase||Ointment||101995||1965-06-04||⤷ Try it Free||2026-05-12|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Expiredate|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.