DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Join the DrugPatentWatch Referral Program Get access to a free drug patent landscape report or a free one-month subscription
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,663,980
|Title:||Vectors, host cells, and methods of production and uses|
|Abstract:||Antibody expression vectors and plasmids can incorporate various antibody gene portions for transcription of the antibody DNA and expression of the antibody in an appropriate host cell. The expression vectors and plasmids have restriction enzyme sites that facilitate ligation of antibody-encoding DNA into the vectors. The vectors incorporate enhancer and promoter sequences that can be varied to interact with transcription factors in the host cell and thereby control transcription of the antibody-encoding DNA. A kit can incorporate these vectors and plasmids.|
|Inventor(s):||Carton; Jill (Radnor, PA), Lu; Jin (Radnor, PA), Scallon; Bernard J. (Radnor, PA), Snyder; Linda (Radnor, PA)|
|Assignee:||Janssen Biotech, Inc. (Horsham, PA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A mammalian expression vector comprising the nucleotide sequence of SEQ ID NO: 1, SEQ ID NO: 5, or SEQ ID NO: 6.
2. The vector of claim 1 further comprising a polynucleotide sequence encoding a variable region of an antibody.
3. The vector of claim 2 wherein the polynucleotide sequence encoding a variable region encodes a heavy or light chain of an antibody.
4. The vector of claim 1, further comprising any one of the group consisting of a 5' flanking sequence, an immunoglobulin promoter region, a cloning site, an intron enhancer region, a selectable marker, and an antibiotic resistance gene.
5. The vector of claim 4 wherein expression of the selectable marker confers resistance to at least one selected from mycophenolic acid (gpt gene), hygromycin, neomycin, Zeocin.TM., kanamycin, blasticidin, and G-418.
6. The vector of claim 4 wherein the antibiotic is selected from ampicillin, chloramphenicol, and kanamycin.
7. A host cell comprising the expression vector according to claim 1.
8. The host cell of claim 7, wherein the host cell is a mammalian host cell.
9. The host cell of claim 8 wherein the host cell is a murine myeloma host cell.
10. A kit comprising the vector of claim 1.
11. A method for producing at least one antibody, comprising translating a nucleic acid in the expression vector according to claim 2, under conditions in vitro, in vivo or in situ, wherein the antibody is expressed in detectable or recoverable amounts.
Summary for Patent: Start Trial
|PCT Filed||October 24, 2008||PCT Application Number:||PCT/US2008/081090|
|PCT Publication Date:||April 30, 2009||PCT Publication Number:||WO2009/055656|
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||001||1986-06-04||Start Trial||Janssen Biotech, Inc. (Horsham, PA)||2039-02-26||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||002||1986-06-04||Start Trial||Janssen Biotech, Inc. (Horsham, PA)||2039-02-26||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||003||1986-06-04||Start Trial||Janssen Biotech, Inc. (Horsham, PA)||2039-02-26||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2009055656||Apr 30, 2009|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2009055656||Dec 30, 2009|
|United States of America||2011008321||Jan 13, 2011|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.