DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,475,822
|Title:||Room temperature-curable polymers|
|Abstract:||Methods of making room temperature-curable polymers. Reactants include siloxane-terminated polymers and silanols. The reactants are mixed, and the polymerization allowed to proceed in air at room temperature. The polymers are exceptionally useful because they allow for the incorporation into the polymers themselves of one or more therapeutic compounds. Thus, medical devices from which controlled drug release is desirable (for either local or systemic delivery) can be coated with therapeutic compound-containing polymers of the invention. In a preferred embodiment, a polymer of poly(MPC.sub.w:LAM.sub.x:HPMA.sub.y:TSMA.sub.z) where w, x, y, and z represent the molar ratios of monomers used in the feed for preparing the polymer; MPC represents the unit 2-methacryoyloxyethylphosphorylcholine, LMA represents the unit lauryl methacrylate, HPMA represents the unit 2-hydroxypropyl methacrylate, and TSMA represents the unit 3-trimethoxysilylpropyl methacrylate is reacted with polydimethylsiloxane. In another preferred embodiment, a therapeutic compound is incorporated into the polymer, such as dexamethasone.|
|Inventor(s):||Hauenstein; Dale E. (Gurnee, IL)|
|Assignee:||Abbott Laboratories (Abbott Park, IL)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of coating a medical device, comprising preparing a composition which comprises at least one therapeutic compound and a molecule of formula IV: ##STR00010##
wherein the preparing step comprises reacting a molecule of formula I: ##STR00011## with a molecule of formula II: ##STR00012## adding the therapeutic compound to reactant of formula I or reactant of formula II or both prior to the reaction thereof, or
adding the therapeutic compound to the reaction mixture of the reactants during the reaction thereof; wherein R.sub.1 comprises a polymer, the polymer is in part polycarboxylic acid, cellulosic polymer, gelatin, polyvinylpyrrolidone, maleic anhydride
polymer, polyamide, polyvinyl alcohol, polyethylene oxide, glycosaminoglycan, polysaccharide, polyester, silicone, polyurethane, polyorthoester, polyanhydride, polycarbonate, polypropylenes, polylactic acid, polyglycolic acid, polycaprolactone,
polyhydroxybutyrate valerate, polyacrylamide, polyether, and a mixture and copolymer thereof; R.sub.2, R.sub.3, R.sub.4, R.sub.5, R.sub.6 and R.sub.7 are alkyls or silanol-terminated alkyls; wherein n is an integer, 1.ltoreq.n.ltoreq.100; wherein the
reaction is carried out at a temperature compatible with the therapeutic compound; and applying the composition to the surface of the medical device.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the temperature, T, at which the reaction is carried out is 4.degree. C..ltoreq.T.ltoreq.100.degree. C.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein 15.degree. C..ltoreq.T.ltoreq.30.degree. C.
4. The method of claim 2, wherein 20.degree. C..ltoreq.T.ltoreq.22.degree. C.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the therapeutic compound is one selected from the group consisting of paclitaxel, sirolimus, zotarolimus, esters and salts thereof.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the therapeutic compound comprises one selected from the group consisting of anti-proliferative agents, anti-platelet agents, anti-inflammatory agents, anti-thrombotic agents and thrombolytic agents.
7. The method of claim 6, wherein the anti-inflammatory agent is one selected from the group consisting of dexamethasone, hydrocortisone, estradiol, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, naproxen, fluticasone, clobetasol, adalimumab and sulindac.
8. The method of claim 6, wherein the therapeutic compound comprises an antibody.
9. The method of claim 6, wherein the therapeutic compound comprises dexamethasone.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein the medical device comprises a stent.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein the composition comprises at least two therapeutic compounds, a first compound comprising zotarolimus or paclitaxel, and a second compound selected from the group consisting of anti-proliferative agents, anti-platelet agents, anti-inflammatory agents, anti-thrombotic agents and thrombolytic agents.
12. The method of claim 1, wherein R.sub.2, R.sub.3, R.sub.4, R.sub.5, R.sub.6 and R.sub.7 are methyl groups.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Abbvie Inc||HUMIRA||adalimumab||SYRINGE||125057||001||2002-12-31||Start Trial||Abbott Laboratories (Abbott Park, IL)||2025-12-21||RX||search|
|Abbvie Inc||HUMIRA||adalimumab||VIAL||125057||002||2002-12-31||Start Trial||Abbott Laboratories (Abbott Park, IL)||2025-12-21||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2007076288||Dec 06, 2007|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2007076288||Jul 05, 2007|
|United States of America||2007141104||Jun 21, 2007|
|United States of America||2011123702||May 26, 2011|
|United States of America||7906134||Mar 15, 2011|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.