DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Subscribe for complete access
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,450,337
|Title:||Methods of treating skin disorders with caffeic acid analogs|
|Abstract:||Embodiments of the invention generally relate to pharmaceutical compositions containing at least one caffeic acid compound and methods for the topical treatment of proliferative and inflammatory skin disorders such as plaque psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, and other disorders. In some embodiments, the topical treatment includes applications of the pharmaceutical composition containing at least one caffeic acid compound or a mixture of caffeic acid compounds such as caffeic acid ester compounds, caffeic acid amide compounds, analogues thereof, derivatives thereof, salts thereof, or mixtures thereof. The pharmaceutical composition or topical dosage may contain the caffeic acid compound at a concentration by weight within a range from about 0.01% to about 20%, preferably, from about 0.1% to about 15%, preferably, from about 1% to about 10%, more preferably, from about 3% to about 7%, and more preferably, from about 4% to about 6%.|
|Inventor(s):||Priebe; Waldemar (Houston, TX), Conrad; Charles (Spring, TX), Madden; Timothy (Sugar Land, TX)|
|Assignee:||Moleculin, LLC (Houston, TX)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A pharmaceutical composition for topical application to psoriatic lesions, comprising: a carrier suitable for topical administration; and a caffeic acid amide compound
having the chemical structure: ##STR00052## wherein the caffeic acid amide compound is present at a concentration by weight within a range from about 0.01% to about 20% of the pharmaceutical composition.
2. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the topical pharmaceutical composition comprises the caffeic acid amide compound at a concentration by weight within a range from about 1% to about 10%.
3. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 2, wherein the topical pharmaceutical composition comprises the caffeic acid amide compound at a concentration by weight within a range from about 3% to about 7%.
4. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, further comprising petroleum jelly or dimethyl sulfoxide.
5. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, further comprising at least one compound selected from the group consisting of cell differentiating agents, anti-proliferative agents, mitochondrial inhibitors, topical steroids, immunosuppressive compounds, JAK2 inhibitors, JAK3 inhibitors, parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTHrP) agonists, cell adhesion blockers, and combinations thereof.
6. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, further comprising a cell differentiating agent selected from at least one of retinoic acid, retinoic acid derivative, vitamin D, or vitamin D analog.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Approval Date||Patent No.||Expiredate|
|Nps Pharmaceuticals, Inc.||NATPARA||parathyroid hormone||For Injection||125511||2015-01-23||⤷ Try it Free||2028-09-30|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Expiredate|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.