DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,414,895
|Abstract:||The present invention provides the TWEAK receptor and methods for identifying and using agonists and antagonists of the TWEAK receptor. In particular, the invention provides methods of screening for agonists and antagonists and for treating diseases or conditions mediated by angiogenesis, such as solid tumors and vascular deficiencies of cardiac or peripheral tissue.|
|Inventor(s):||Kim; Kristine M. (Mill Creek, WA), Wiley; Steven R. (Seattle, WA), Ketchem; Randal R. (Snohomish, WA), Fanslow, III; William C. (Normandy Park, WA)|
|Assignee:||Immunex Corporation (Thousand Oaks, CA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of inhibiting binding of TWEAK to a TWEAK receptor in a subject comprising administering to said subject an inhibition-effective amount of a monoclonal antibody
that binds specifically to a polypeptide consisting of residues 34 to 68 of SEQ ID NO:4.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein said subject is a human.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said antibody antagonizes said TWEAK receptor and said subject has a condition mediated by angiogenesis.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said antibody agonizes said TWEAK receptor and said subject has a wound, coronary atherosclerosis, peripheral atherosclerosis, ischemia of a tissue, ischemia of an organ, ischemia of the heart, ischemia of the liver, or ischemia of the brain.
5. The method of claim 3 wherein said subject has a condition that is characterized by ocular neovascularization.
6. The method of claim 3 wherein said subject has a condition that is malignant or metastatic.
7. The method of claim 6 wherein said condition is characterized by a solid tumor.
8. The method of claim 6 further comprising treating said subject with radiation.
9. The method of claim 6 further comprising treating said subject with a chemotherapeutic agent.
10. The method of claim 9 wherein said chemotherapeutic agent is selected from the group consisting of alkylating agents, antimetabolites, vinca alkaloids and other plant-derived chemotherapeutics, nitrosoureas, antitumor antibiotics, antitumor enzymes, topoisomerase inhibitors, platinum analogs, adrenocortical suppressants, hormones, hormone agonists, hormone antagonists, antibodies, immunotherapeutics, blood cell factors, radiotherapeutics, and biological response modifiers.
11. The method of claim 9 wherein said chemotherapeutic agent is selected from the group consisting of cisplatin, cyclophosphamide, mechloretamine, melphalan, bleomycin, carboplatin, fluorouracil, 5-fluorodeoxyuridine, methotrexate, taxol, asparaginase, vincristine, and vinblastine, lymphokines, cytokines, interleukins, interferons, alpha interferon, beta interferon, delta interferon, TNF, chlorambucil, busulfan, carmustine, lomustine, semustine, streptozocin, dacarbazine, cytarabine, mercaptopurine, thioguanine, vindesine, etoposide, teniposide, dactinomycin, daunorubicin, doxorubicin, plicamycin, mitomycin, L-asparaginase, hydroxyurea, methylhydrazine, mitotane, tamoxifen, and fluoxymesterone.
12. The method of claim 9 wherein said chemotherapeutic agent is selected from the group consisting of F1t3 ligand, CD40 ligand, interleukin-2, interleukin-12, 4-1BB ligand, anti-4-1BB antibodies, TNF antagonists and TNF receptor antagonists, TRAIL, CD148 agonists, VEGF antagonists, VEGF receptor antagonists, and Tek antagonists.
13. The method of claim 1 wherein said antibody is a human antibody, a humanized antibody, or a chimeric antibody.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Merck||ELSPAR||asparaginase||VIAL||101063||001||1978-01-10||Start Trial||Immunex Corporation (Thousand Oaks, CA)||2020-12-19||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||0145730||Jan 10, 2002|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||0145730||Jun 28, 2001|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2006047172||May 04, 2006|
|United States of America||2002041876||Apr 11, 2002|
|United States of America||2002110853||Aug 15, 2002|
|United States of America||2004253610||Dec 16, 2004|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.