DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Try a free trial
See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,414,885
|Title:||Methods and compositions for treating cancer|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to a method of treating cancer, comprising administering to a subject in need thereof an effective amount of a HSV-2 virus, wherein the virus lacks protein kinase activity of ICP10. The invention further relates to pharmaceutical compositions comprising HSV-2 virus, wherein the virus lacks protein kinase activity of ICP10.|
|Inventor(s):||Aurelian; Laure (Baltimore, MD), Colunga; Aric (Baltimore, MD), Laing; Jennifer (Baltimore, MD)|
|Assignee:||University of Maryland, Baltimore (Baltimore, MD)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of treating melanoma, comprising selecting a subject with melanoma and administering to the subject in need thereof an effective amount of a non-fusogenic HSV-2 virus,
wherein the non-fusogenic HSV-2 virus lacks protein kinase activity of ICP10 and has a mutation in the ICP10 kinase catalytic domain but retains the transmembrane domain of IPC10.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the lack of protein kinase activity of ICP10 is the result of a mutation selected from the group consisting of a deletion, an insertion and a point mutation.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the HSV-2 virus has a deletion in the ICP10 kinase catalytic domain.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the HSV-2 virus is delta-PK, wherein the delta-PK virus lacks amino acids 106-445 of ICP10.
5. The method of claim 1, further comprising co-administering another anti-cancer agent to the subject.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the anti-cancer agent is selected from the group consisting of Abraxane, Aldara, Alimta, Aprepitant, Arimidex, Aromasin, Arranon, Arsenic Trioxide, Avastin, Bevacizumab, Bexarotene, Bortezomib, Cetuximab, Clofarabine, Clofarex, Clolar, Dacogen, Dasatinib, Ellence, Eloxatin, Emend, Erlotinib, Faslodex, Femara, Fulvestrant, Gefitinib, Gemtuzumab Ozogamicin, Gemzar, Gleevec, Herceptin, Hycamtin, Imatinib Mesylate, Iressa, Kepivance, Lenalidomide, Levulan, Methazolastone, Mylosar, Mylotarg, Nanoparticle Paclitaxel, Nelarabine, Nexavar, Nolvadex, Oncaspar, Oxaliplatin, Paclitaxel, Paclitaxel Albumin-stabilized Nanoparticle Formulation, Palifermin, Panitumumab, Pegaspargase, Pemetrexed Disodium, Platinol-AQ, Platinol, Revlimid, Rituxan, Sclerosol Intrapleural Aerosol, Sorafenib Tosylate, Sprycel, Sunitinib Malate, Sutent, Synovir, Tamoxifen, Tarceva, Targretin, Taxol, Taxotere, Temodar, Temozolomide, Thalomid, Thalidomide, Topotecan Hydrochloride, Trastuzumab, Trisenox, Vectibix, Velcade, Vidaza, Vorinostat, Xeloda, Zoledronic Acid, Zolinza, Zometa, doxorubicin, adriamycin, bleomycin, daunorubicin, dactinomycin, epirubicin, idarubicin, mitoxantrone, valrubicin, hydroxyurea, mitomycin, fluorouracil, 5-FU, methotrexate, floxuridine, interferon alpha-2b, glutamic acid, plicamycin, 6-thioguanine, aminopterin, pemetrexed, raltitrexed, cladribine, clofarabine, fludarabine, mercaptopurine, pentostatin, capecitabine, cytarabine, carmustine, BCNU, lomustine, CCNU, cytosine arabinoside, cyclophosphamide, estramustine, hydroxyurea, procarbazine, mitomycin, busulfan, medroxyprogesterone, estramustine phosphate sodium, ethinyl estradiol, estradiol, megestrol acetate, methyltestosterone, diethylstilbestrol diphosphate, chlorotrianisene, testolactone, mephalen, mechlorethamine, chlorambucil, chlormethine, ifosfamide, bethamethasone sodium phosphate, dicarbazine, asparaginase, mitotane, vincristine, vinblastine, etoposide, teniposide, Topotecan, IFN-gamma, irinotecan, campto, irinotecan analogs, carmustine, fotemustine, lomustine, streptozocin, carboplatin, oxaliplatin, BBR3464, busulfan, dacarbazine, mechlorethamine, procarbazine, thioTEPA, uramustine, vindesine, vinorelbine, alemtuzumab, tositumomab, methyl aminolevulinate, porfimer, verteporfin, lapatinib, nilotinib, vandetanib, ZD6474, alitretinoin, altretamine, amsacrine, anagrelide, denileukin diftitox, estramustine, hydroxycarbamide, masoprocol, mitotane, and tretinoin.
7. The method of claim 1, further comprising administering a chemotherapeutic agent.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein the chemotherapeutic agent is selected from the group consisting of thiotepa, busulfan, cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, cytarabine, bleomycin, cisplatin, doxorubicin, melphalan, mercaptopurine, vinblastine, paclitaxel and retinoic acid.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the effective amount is from 1.times.10.sup.4 to 4.times.10.sup.12 PFU of virus per kilogram of body weight of the subject.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein the melanoma is malignant.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein the expression of mutant ICP10 is driven by the ICP10 promoter.
12. The method of claim 1, wherein the non-fusogenic HSV-2 virus has no additional genetic defects.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Merck||ELSPAR||asparaginase||VIAL||101063||001||1978-01-10||Try a Free Trial||University of Maryland, Baltimore (Baltimore, MD)||2029-08-07||RX||search|
|Sigma Tau||ONCASPAR||pegaspargase||VIAL||103411||001||1994-02-01||Try a Free Trial||University of Maryland, Baltimore (Baltimore, MD)||2029-08-07||RX||search|
|Genentech||RITUXAN||rituximab||VIAL||103705||001||1997-11-26||Try a Free Trial||University of Maryland, Baltimore (Baltimore, MD)||2029-08-07||RX||search|
|Eisai Inc||ONTAK||denileukin diftitox||VIAL||103767||001||1999-02-05||Try a Free Trial||University of Maryland, Baltimore (Baltimore, MD)||2029-08-07||RX||Orphan||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.