DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Subscribe for complete access
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,367,415
|Title:||Specific gene polymorphisms in breast cancer diagnosis, prevention and treatment|
|Abstract:||A method for detecting a predisposition to breast cancer in a subject is provided. The method includes detecting in a biological sample from the subject one or more polymorphisms in the sequence of CD44 gene. The presence of one or more polymorphisms in the sequence of CD44 gene indicates that the subject has a predisposition for developing breast cancer.|
|Inventor(s):||Zhou; Juhua (Lexington, SC), Nagarkatti; Mitzi (Columbia, SC), Nagarkatti; Prakash (Columbia, SC)|
|Assignee:||University of South Carolina (Columbia, SC)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method for detecting a predisposition to breast cancer in a subject, comprising: obtaining a biological sample from a subject; isolating genomic DNA from the biological
sample; amplifying CD44 exon2 region sequences including the CD44 exon2 sequence and boundary sequences between exon2 and upstream intron and between exon2 and downstream intron from the genomic DNA in the presence of a forward primer SEQ ID NO: 1 and a
reverse primer SEQ ID NO: 2 to form amplification products; and detecting in the amplification products one or more polymorphisms, wherein the presence of one or more polymorphisms in the sequence of CD44 exon2 gene indicates that the subject has a
predisposition for developing breast cancer.
2. The method as in claim 1, wherein the subject is a human.
3. The method as in claim 1, wherein the biological sample comprises blood.
4. The method as in claim 1, wherein the biological sample comprises peripheral blood mononuclear cells.
5. The method as in claim 1, further comprising performing a visualization method of a breast of the subject comprising one or more of MRI, mammography, or ultrasonography to detect breast cancer.
6. The method as in claim 1, wherein the predisposition is an inherited predisposition.
7. The method as in claim 1, wherein the one or more polymorphisms in the sequence of CD44 gene comprises Ex2+14 A>G.
8. The method as in claim 1, further comprising cloning the amplification products to form cloned PCR products.
9. The method as in claim 8, further comprising transforming the cloned PCR products into bacterial competent cells to develop plasmid DNA samples containing the cloned PCR products.
10. The method as in claim 9, further comprising isolating the plasmid DNA samples containing the cloned PCR products.
11. The method as in claim 10, further comprising sequencing the plasmid DNA samples.
12. The method as in claim 11, further comprising analyzing the polymorphisms and the adjacent intron sequences.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Approval Date||Patent No.||Expiredate|
|Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||For Injection||103132||1986-06-04||⤷ Sign up for a Free Trial||2028-09-05|
|Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||For Injection||103132||⤷ Sign up for a Free Trial||2028-09-05|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Expiredate|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.