DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Try a free trial
See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,323,643
|Title:||Methods for treating adhesive capsulitis|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to the discovery that collagenase injections are effective in lyse the collagenous adhesions in the shoulder and treat the disorder, adhesive capsulitis. As such, the invention relates to methods of treating or preventing adhesive capsulitis, or frozen shoulder, in a patient in need of such treatment comprising injecting or otherwise delivering an effective amount of collagenase to the collagenous adhesions in the shoulder. The invention also relates to the use of collagenase in the manufacture of a medicament to treat adhesive capsulitis.|
|Inventor(s):||Badalamente; Marie A. (Mt. Sinai, NY), Wang; Edward (Poluott, NY)|
|Assignee:||The Research Foundation of State University of New York (Albany, NY)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of treating adhesive capsulitis in a subject in need of such treatment comprising delivering an effective amount of collagenase to collagenous adhesions in the
shoulder, wherein the collagenase is obtained from Clostridium histolyticum, wherein the subject is a human patient and wherein the method comprises injecting collagenase to the patient in a dose of about 10,000 ABC units.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein the collagenase is injected in a liquid pharmaceutically acceptable carrier wherein the volume of liquid injected is 0.5 ml or less.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein the collagenase comprises collagenase I and collagenase II.
4. The method according to claim 2, wherein the injection is delivered in a single injection between the interval of the deltoid and pectoral muscles.
5. The method according to claim 1, wherein the patient is characterized by an active forward elevation of only 90 degrees and an active external rotation of less than 50 degrees.
6. The method according to claim 1, wherein after one month of receiving at least one administration of collagenase, the patient achieves an active external rotation of greater than 15.degree., as compared to baseline.
7. The method of claim 1, comprising administering one or two injections of about 10,000 ABC units of collagenase.
8. A method of treating adhesive capsulitis in a subject in need of such treatment comprising injecting collagenase in a dose of about 10,000 ABC units to collagenous adhesions in the shoulder of the subject, wherein the collagenase is injected in a liquid pharmaceutically acceptable carrier, wherein the volume of liquid injected is 0.5 ml or less, and wherein the collagenase is obtained from Clostridium histolyticum.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Advance Biofactures||SANTYL||collagenase||VIAL||101995||001||1965-06-04||Try a Free Trial||The Research Foundation of State University of New York (Albany, NY)||2025-01-21||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|Australia||2006206393||Apr 08, 2010|
|Australia||2006206393||Jul 27, 2006|
|Australia||2007221225||Feb 11, 2010|
|Australia||2007221225||Sep 07, 2007|
|Brazil||PI0607280||Aug 25, 2009|
|Brazil||PI0708186||May 24, 2011|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.