DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Subscribe for complete access
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,993,638
|Title:||Cancer treatment combining lymphodepleting agent with CTLs and cytokines|
|Abstract:||In a cancer treatment combining cell therapy with chemotherapy, autologous CD8.sup.+ T cells are obtained from a patient, activated ex vivo by contacting them with xenogenic antigen presenting cells loaded with selected peptide antigen, thereby generating antigen-specific activated cytotoxic T lymphocytes. Such activated CTLs are administered to the patient in conjunction with a lymphodepletion and CTL maintenance regimen comprising a non-myeloblative but lymphdepleting agent, such as cladribine or denileukin diftitox, and interleukin-2 and interferon-.alpha.-2b stimulatory cytokines.|
|Inventor(s):||Cai; Zeling (San Diego, CA), Moriarty; Ann (Poway, CA), Peterson; Per A. (Rancho Santa Fe, CA), Richards; Jon M. (Glenview, IL)|
|Assignee:||Janssen Pharmaceutica NV (BE)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method for treating a subject in need of treatment for cancer, comprising: (a) obtaining naive CD8+T cells from the subject; (b) contacting the naive CD8+T cells ex
vivo with xenogenic antigen presenting cells loaded with one or more peptide antigens, thereby generating activated CTLs that target cells expressing said one or more peptide antigens; (c) administering to the subject the activated CTLs; (d)
administering to the subject at least two cytokines that effect CTL persistence; and (e) administering to the subject a lymphodepleting agent selected from the group consisting of cladribine and denileukin diftitox.
2. A method as defined in claim 1, wherein said at said at least two cytokines comprise interferon-.alpha.-2b and interleukin-2.
3. A method as defined in claim 2, wherein said one or more peptide antigens comprise an amino acid sequence derived from a protein selected from gp100, tyrosinase, and MART-1.
4. A method as defined in claim 1, wherein said one or more peptide antigens consists of peptide antigens derived from human gp100, tyrosinase, and MART-1 proteins.
5. A method as defined in claim 1, wherein each of said one or more peptide antigens is selected from the group consisting of YMNGTMSQV (SEQ ID NO:1), YMDGTMSQV (SEQ ID NO:2), AAGIGILTV (SEQ ID NO:3), ITDQVPFSV (SEQ ID NO:4), YLEPGPVTA (SEQ ID NO:5), and KTWGQYWQV (SEQ ID NO:6).
6. A method as defined in claim 5, wherein said cancer is a melanoma.
7. A method as defined in claim 1, wherein the administration of the lymphodepleting agent begins before the administration of the activated CTLs.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Approval Date||Patent No.||Expiredate|
|Eisai, Incorporated||ONTAK||denileukin diftitox||Injection||103767||1999-02-05||⤷ Sign up for a Free Trial||2026-03-01|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Expiredate|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.