DrugPatentWatch Database Preview» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,960,516
|Title:||Solid forms of anti-EGFR antibodies|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to solid forms of antibodies against the EGF receptor, in particular precipitates and crystals of monoclonal antibodies against the EGF receptor, particularly preferably of Mab C225 (cetuximab) and Mab h425 (EMD 72000), which result in biologically active antibody protein through dissolution or suspension in aqueous medium, obtainable by precipitation of the antibody and/or one of its variants and/or fragments dissolved or suspended in aqueous medium by means of a precipitation reagent. The invention furthermore relates to pharmaceutical preparations comprising at least one solid form of above-mentioned antibodies in precipitated non-crystalline, precipitated crystalline or in soluble or suspended form, and optionally excipients and/or adjuvants and/or further pharmaceutical active ingredients, and to a process for the preparation of solid forms of anti-EGFR antibodies according to the invention.|
|Inventor(s):||Matheus; Susanne (Neumagen-Dhron, DE), Mahler; Hanns-Christian (Wiesbaden, DE)|
|Assignee:||Merck Patent GmbH (Darmstadt, DE)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A crystal of chimeric monoclonal antibody c225 (cetuximab) which remains a biologically active antibody protein when dissolved or suspended in an aqueous medium, said crystal being
obtained by a process comprising incubating an aqueous solution or suspension of said c225 antibody with a precipitation reagent comprising ammonium sulfate, sodium acetate, sodium citrate, potassium phosphate, PEG and/or ethanol, for a time sufficient
to allow formation of said crystal.
2. A process for the preparation of a crystal of chimeric monoclonal antibody c225 (cetuximab) which remains a biologically active antibody protein when dissolved or suspended in an aqueous medium, said process comprising incubating an aqueous solution or suspension of said c225 antibody with a precipitation reagent comprising ammonium sulfate, sodium acetate, sodium citrate, potassium phosphate, PEG and/or ethanol, for a time sufficient to allow formation of said crystal, and separating and isolating the crystal thereof.
3. A process according to claim 2, which is carried out in batch format.
4. A storage-stable medicament which comprises a crystal of claim 1 together with a stabilizing agent.
5. A pharmaceutical preparation which comprises a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier and the crystal according to claim 1, wherein said c225 antibody concentration is 50-150 mg/ml.
6. The crystal according to claim 1, which has a size of 50-200 .mu.m.
7. The crystal according to claim 1, wherein the precipitation reagent comprises saturated ammonium sulfate solution in 10 mM phosphate, pH 8.0.
8. The crystal according to claim 1, wherein the precipitation reagent comprises 50% (v/v) of ethanol in 10 mM citrate, pH 8.0.
Summary for Patent: Start Trial
|Foriegn Application Priority Data|
|Foreign Country||Foreign Patent Number||Foreign Patent Date|
|Germany||103 55 904||Nov 29, 2003|
|PCT Filed||November 12, 2004||PCT Application Number:||PCT/EP2004/012837|
|PCT Publication Date:||June 09, 2005||PCT Publication Number:||WO2005/051355|
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Imclone||ERBITUX||cetuximab||VIAL; INTRAVENOUS||125084||001||2004-06-18||Start Trial||Merck Patent GmbH (Darmstadt, DE)||2023-11-29||RX||Orphan||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Estimated Expiration|
|South Africa||200605348||Start Trial|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2005051355||Start Trial|
|United States of America||2007122411||Start Trial|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Estimated Expiration|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.