DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,745,494
|Title:||Vitamin K for prevention and treatment of skin rash secondary to anti-EGFR therapy|
|Abstract:||The invention provides methods and compositions for treating and preventing a skin rash secondary to anti-epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) therapy, where the method comprises applying a vitamin K analog or a phosphatase inhibitor to the skin.|
|Inventor(s):||Perez-Soler; Roman (New York, NY), Ling; Yi-He (Briarwood, NY)|
|Assignee:||Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University (Bronx, NY)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method for treating a skin rash secondary to an anti-epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) therapy in a subject receiving said therapy, the method comprising applying
vitamin K3 to the skin in an amount effective to treat the skin rash.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the anti-EGFR therapy is treatment with an anti-EGFR antibody.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the anti-EGFR antibody is cetuximab.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the anti-EGFR therapy is treatment with an EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor is gefitinib or erlotinib.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the vitamin K3 activates EGFR.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the vitamin K3 is formulated in a pharmaceutical formulation suitable for topical administration.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the vitamin K3 is applied to the face.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the vitamin K3 is applied to the trunk.
10. The method of claim 1, comprising exposing skin cells to 0.01 mM vitamin K3.
11. The method of claim 1, comprising exposing skin cells to 15 mM vitamin K3.
12. The method of claim 1, comprising exposing skin cells to 30 mM vitamin K3.
13. The method of claim 1, comprising exposing skin cells to 100 mM vitamin K3.
14. The method of claim 1, comprising applying the vitamin K3 twice daily.
15. The method of claim 1, comprising applying vitamin K3 daily.
16. The method of claim 1, comprising applying the vitamin K3 every other day.
Summary for Patent: Start Trial
|PCT Filed||April 12, 2006||PCT Application Number:||PCT/US2006/014158|
|PCT Publication Date:||October 26, 2006||PCT Publication Number:||WO2006/113479|
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Imclone||ERBITUX||cetuximab||VIAL; INTRAVENOUS||125084||001||2004-06-18||Start Trial||Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University (Bronx, NY)||2025-04-15||RX||Orphan||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2006113479||May 10, 2007|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2006113479||Oct 26, 2006|
|United States of America||2009209652||Aug 20, 2009|
|United States of America||2009239952||Sep 24, 2009|
|United States of America||2010324148||Dec 23, 2010|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.