DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Try a free trial
See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,608,643
|Title:||Compounds for inhibiting KSP kinesin activity|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to compounds of Formula I or pharmaceutically acceptable salts or solvates thereof: ##STR00001## The present invention provides compositions comprising these compounds that are useful for treating cellular proliferative diseases or disorders associated with KSP kinesin activity and for inhibiting KSP kinesin activity.|
|Inventor(s):||Doll; Ronald J. (Convent Station, NJ), Herbst; Ronald (Palo Alto, CA), Seghezzi; Wolfgang (Mountain View, CA), Lees; Emma M. (Oakland, CA), Estacio; William F. (San Lorenzo, CA)|
|Assignee:||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of Formula I or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, in combination with
a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier, adjuvant or vehicle: ##STR00006##
2. The composition of claim 1, wherein the compound is the (+)-enantiomer of ##STR00007## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
3. The composition of claim 1, wherein the compound is the (-)-enantiomer of ##STR00008## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
4. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, further comprising one or more compounds selected from the group consisting of an anti-cancer agent, a PPAR-.gamma. agonist, a PPAR-.delta. agonist, an inhibitor of inherent multidrug resistance, an anti-emetic agent, and an immunologic-enhancing drug.
5. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 4, wherein the anti-cancer agent is selected from the group consisting of an estrogen receptor modulator, an androgen receptor modulator, retinoid receptor modulator, a cytotoxic/cytostatic agent, an antiproliferative agent, a prenyl-protein transferase inhibitor, an HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor, an angiogenesis inhibitor, an inhibitor of cell proliferation and survival signaling, an agent that interferes with a cell cycle checkpoint, and an apoptosis inducing agent.
6. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 4, further comprising one or more anti-cancer agents selected from the group consisting of cytostatic agents, cytotoxic agents, taxanes, topoisomerase II inhibitors, topoisomerase I inhibitors, tubulin interacting agents, hormonal agents, thymidilate synthase inhibitors, anti-metabolites, alkylating agents, farnesyl protein transferase inhibitors, signal transduction inhibitors, EGER kinase inhibitors, antibodies to EGER, C-abl kinase inhibitors, hormonal therapy combinations, and aromatase combinations.
7. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 4, further comprising one or more agents selected from the group consisting of Uracil mustard, Chlormethine, Ifosfamide, Melphalan, Chlorambucil, Pipobroman, Triethylenemelamine, Triethylenethiophosphoramine, Busulfan, Carmustine, Lomustine, Streptozocin, Dacarbazine, Floxuridine, Cytarabine, 6-Mercaptopurine, 6-Thioguanine, Fludarabine phosphate, oxaliplatin, leucovirin, oxaliplatin, Pentostatine, Vinblastine, Vincristine, Vindesine, Bleomycin, Dactinomycin, Daunorubicin, Doxorubicin, Epirubicin, Idarubicin, Mithramycin, Deoxycoformycin, Mitomycin-C, L-Asparaginase, Teniposide 17.alpha.-Ethinylestradiol, Diethylstilbestrol, Testosterone, Prednisone, Fluoxymesterone, Dromostanolone propionate, Testolactone, Megestrolacetate, Methyipred nisolone, Methyltestosterone, Prednisolone, Triamcinolone, Chlorotrianisene, Hydroxyprogesterone, Aminoglutethimide, Estramustine, Medroxyprogesteroneacetate, Leuprolide, Flutamide, Toremifene, goserelin, Cisplatin, Carboplatin, Hydroxyurea, Amsacrine, Procarbazine, Mitotane, Mitoxantrone, Levamisole, Navelbene, Anastrazole, Letrazole, Capecitabine, Reloxafine, Droloxafine, Hexamethyl melamine, doxorubicin, cyclophosphamide, gemcitabine, interferons, pegylated interferons, Erbitux and mixtures thereof.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Merck||ELSPAR||asparaginase||VIAL||101063||001||1978-01-10||➤ Sign Up||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)||2025-03-09||RX||search|
|Imclone||ERBITUX||cetuximab||VIAL; INTRAVENOUS||125084||001||2004-06-18||➤ Sign Up||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)||2025-03-09||RX||Orphan||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.