DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,371,759
|Title:||HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors and method|
|Abstract:||Compounds are provided having the following structure which are HMG CoA reductase inhibitors and thus are active in inhibiting cholesterol biosynthesis, modulating blood serum lipids, for example, lowering LDL cholesterol and/or increasing HDL cholesterol, and treating hyperlipidemia, dyslipidemia, hormone replacement therapy, hypercholsterolemia, hypertriglyceridemia and atherosclerosis as well as Alzheimer\'s disease and osteoporosis ##STR00001## wherein X is N or CR.sub.5; and pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof, ##STR00002## wherein R.sub.1 to R.sub.7 are as defined herein. A method for treating the above diseases employing the above compounds is also provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Ahmad; Saleem (Wall, NJ), Robl; Jeffrey A. (Newtown, PA), Ngu; Khehyong (Pennington, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (Princeton, NJ)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A compound of the formula ##STR00153## wherein X is N; R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 are the same or different and are independently selected from H, alkyl, alkoxyalkyl,
arylalkyl, cycloalkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkenyl, aryl, heteroaryl or cycloheteroalkyl; R.sub.3 is aryl, heteroaryl, cycloalkyl or cycloheteroalkyl; R.sub.4 is H, alkyl, cycloalkyl, haloalkyl, alkoxyalkyl, alkylthioalkyl, alkylsulfonyl, arylsulfonyl,
alkoxycarbonyl, aryloxycarbonyl, heteroaryloxycarbonyl, alkylaminocarbonyl, arylaminocarbonyl, alkylthiocarbonyl, heteroarylaminocarbonyl, alkylaminosulfonyl, alkylcarbonyl, arylcarbonyl, heteroarylcarbonyl or heteroarylsulfonyl; ##STR00154## R.sub.6 is
H, or lower alkyl, a metal salt, methylamine salt, ammonium salt or dicyclohexylamine salt; R.sub.7 is H or lower alkyl; and represents a single bond or a double bond (which may be cis or trans); or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof where
R.sub.6 is H and all stereoisomers thereof.
2. The compound as defined in claim 1 wherein the Z group is in form of a free acid, or an alkali metal salt or alkaline earth metal salt thereof.
3. The compound as defined in claim 1 wherein R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 are independently selected from alkyl, cycloalkyl and aryl; R.sub.3 is aryl, heteroaryl or cycloheteroalkyl; and R.sub.4 is H, alkyl, lower alkylcarbonyl, lower alkylsulfonyl or lower alkoxycarbonyl.
4. The compounds as defined in claim 1 wherein R.sub.1 is aryl; and R.sub.2 is alkyl or cycloalkyl; R.sub.3 is aryl, heteroaryl, cycloheteroalkyl; R.sub.4 is H, lower alkyl, lower alkylcarbonyl, lower alkylsulfonyl or lower alkoxycarbonyl; and is a double bond.
5. The compound as defined in claim 1 wherein R.sub.1 is 4-fluorophenyl, 4-fluoro-3-methylphenyl or 3,5-dimethylphenyl; R.sub.2 is isopropyl, t-butyl or cyclopropyl; R.sub.3 is aryl which is phenyl, cycloheteroalkyl which is tetrahydrothiophene dioxide, a heteroaryl which is a pyrrazole, a thiadiazole, a pyrazine, pyrimidine, a benzimidazole, a triazole, a tetrazole, a pyridyl, a thiazole, an oxazole or an isoxazole, each of which may be optionally substituted with 1, 2 or 3 substituents which may be the same or different and which can be cycloheteroalkyl, heteroaryl, alkyl, halogen, carboxyl, alkoxycarbonyl, alkylaminocarbonyl, or alkoxy; R.sub.4 is H, methyl, methylcarbonyl, methoxycarbonyl or methanesulfonyl; is a trans double bond; and ##STR00155## or an alkali or alkaline earth metal salt thereof.
6. The compound as defined in claim 1 having the formula I ##STR00156## or an alkali or alkaline earth metal salt thereof, wherein R.sub.8 and R.sub.9 are the same or different and independently selected from H, halogen or alkyl; and R.sub.2 is alkyl or cycloalkyl; R.sub.3 is aryl, heteroaryl or cycloheteroalkyl; R.sub.4 is H, C.sub.1-C.sub.4 alkyl, C.sub.1-C.sub.4 alkylcarbonyl, C.sub.1-C.sub.4 alkoxycarbonyl or C.sub.1-C.sub.4 alkylsulfonyl.
7. The compound as defined in claim 6 wherein R.sub.8 and R.sub.9 are the same or different and are independently selected from 4-fluoro, 4-fluoro-3-methyl, or 3,5-dimethyl; R.sub.2 is isopropyl, t-butyl or cyclopropyl; R.sub.3 is one of the following groups: ##STR00157## ##STR00158## R.sub.4 is H, methyl, methylcarbonyl, methoxycarbonyl or methanesulfonyl.
8. A compound having the structure ##STR00159## where R.sub.6 is H, an alkyl or an alkali metal salt.
9. The compound as defined in claim 8 wherein R.sub.6 is methylamine salt, ammonium salt, dicyclohexylamine salt, t-butyl, Na salt or Ca salt.
10. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a compound as defined in claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier therefor.
11. A pharmaceutical combination comprising the HMG CoA reductase inhibitor compound as defined in claim 1 and one or more hypolipidemic agents or lipid-lowering agents, or lipid agents, or lipid modulating agents, and/or one or more other types of therapeutic agents including antidiabetic agents, anti-obesity agents, antihypertensive agents, platelet aggregation inhibitors, anti-dementia agents, anti-Alzheimer's agents, anti-osteoporosis agents, and/or hormone replacement therapeutic agents, and/or other cardiovascular agents, anti-anginal agents, anti-arrhythmic agents, anti-atherosclerosis agents, anti-inflammatory agents, anti-arthritis agents, anti-platelet agents, anti-heart failure agents, anti-cancer agents, anti-infective agents, hormone replacement agents, growth hormone secretagogues, selective androgen receptor modulators, and/or immunomodulatory agents.
12. The combination as defined in claim 11 wherein the hypolipidemic agent or lipid-lowering agent or other lipid agent or lipid modulating agent or anti-atherosclerotic agent, which is employed comprises 1,2,3 or more MTP inhibitors, squalene synthetase inhibitors, fibric acid derivatives, PPAR .alpha. agonists, PPAR dual .alpha./.gamma. agonists, PPAR .delta. agonists, ACAT inhibitors, lipoxygenase inhibitors, cholesterol absorption inhibitors, ileal Na.sup.+/bile acid cotransporter inhibitors, upregulators of LDL receptor activity, cholesteryl ester transfer protein inhibitors, bile acid sequestrants, or nicotinic acid and derivatives thereof, ATP citrate lyase inhibitors, phytoestrogen compounds, an HDL upregulators, LDL catabolism promoters, antioxidants, PLA-2 inhibitors, antihomocysteine agents, HMG-CoA synthase inhibitors, lanosterol demethylase inhibitors, or sterol regulating element binding protein-I agents.
13. The pharmaceutical combination as defined in claim 11 comprising said HMG CoA reductase inhibiting compound and an antidiabetic agent which comprises 1,2,3 or more antidiabetic agents or antihyperglycemic agents which is an insulin secretagogue or insulin sensitizer, which is selected from biguanides, sulfonyl ureas, PTP-1B inhibitors, aldose reductase inhibitors, glucosidase inhibitors, PPAR .gamma. agonists, PPAR .alpha. agonists, PPAR .delta. antagonists or agonists, aP2 inhibitors, PPAR .alpha./.gamma. dual agonists, dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DP4) inhibitors, SGLT2 inhibitors, glycogen phosphorylase inhibitors, and/or meglitinides, insulin, slow release insulin-Basulin.TM., and/or glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) or a mimetics thereof.
14. The combination as defined in claim 13 wherein the antidiabetic agent is 1, 2, 3 or more of metformin, glyburide, glimepiride, glipyride, glipizide, chlorpropamide, gliclazide, acarbose, miglitol, pioglitazone, troglitazone, rosiglitazone, insulin, Gl-262570, isaglitazone, JTT-501, NN-2344, L895645, YM-440, R-119702, AJ9677, repaglinide, nateglinide, KAD1129, AR-HO39242, GW-409544, KRP297, AC2993, LY315902, P32/98, NVP-DPP-728A, NVP-LAF-237, muraglitazar, BMS 477,188, and/or BMS 538,305.
15. The combination as defined in claim 11 wherein the other type of therapeutic agent which may be optionally employed is 1, 2, 3 or more of an anti-obesity agent which is a beta 3 adrenergic agonist, a lipase inhibitor, a serotonin (and dopamine) reuptake inhibitor, an aP2 inhibitor, a thyroid receptor beta drug, an anorectic agent, a PTP-1B inhibitor, a CCKA agonist, a neuropeptide Y antagonist, a melanocortin-4-receptor agonist, a PPAR modulator which is a PPAR .gamma. antagonist, PPAR .alpha. agonist, and/or PPAR .delta. antagonist, a leptin inhibitor such as a leptin receptor activator, a fatty acid oxidation upregulator or inducer, a 5HT2c-agonist or an ACC inhibitor.
16. The combination as defined in claim 11 wherein the anti-obesity agent is orlistat, ATL-962, AJ9677, L750355, CP331648, sibutramine, topiramate, axokine, dexamphetamine, phentermine, phenylpropanolamine, and/or mazindol, P57 or CP-644673 (Pfizer); the lipid modulating agent is an MTP inhibitor, a squalene synthetase inhibitor, a fibric acid derivative, an upregulator of LDL receptor activity, a lipoxygenase inhibitor, or an ACAT inhibitor and the other lipid agent is a cholesteryl ester transfer protein inhibitor; and the antihypertensive agent employed is an ACE inhibitor, angiotensin II receptor antagonist, NEP inhibitor, a NEP/ACE inhibitor, a calcium channel blocker, a T-channel calcium antagonist, a .beta.-adrenergic blocker, a diuretic, a .alpha.-adrenergic blocker, a dual action receptor antagonist (DARA), or a heart failure drug, wherein the antihypertensive agent is an ACE inhibitor which is captopril, fosinopril, enalapril, lisinopril, quinapril, benazepril, fentiapril, ramipril or moexipril; an NEP/ACE inhibitor which is omapatrilat, gemopatrilat, or CGS 30440; an angiotensin II receptor antagonist which is irbesartan, losartan or valsartan; amlodipine besylate, prazosin HCl, verapamil, nifedipine, nadolol, propranolol, or clonidine HCl, carvediol, atenolol, hydrochlorothiazide, torasemide, furosemide, spironolactone or indapamide; and the lipid modulating agent is fenofibrate, gemfibrozil, clofibrate, avasimibe, TS-962, MD-700, cholestagel, torcetrapib, JTT-705, niacin, LY295427, muraglitazar, and/or ezetimibe.
17. The combination as defined in claim 11 wherein the HMG CoA reductase inhibitor is in combination with a platelet aggregation inhibitor.
18. The combination as defined in claim 17 wherein the platelet aggregation inhibitor is aspirin, clopidogrel, ticlopidine, dipyridamole, ifetroban, abciximab, tirofiban, eptifibatide, anagrelide, CS-737, melagatran, ximelagatran, razaxaban, or a combination of clopidogrel and aspirin.
19. The combination as defined in claim 11 wherein the other therapeutic agent is an anti-Alzheimer's agent or anti-dementia agent, which is tacrine HCl (Cognex.RTM.), donepezil (Aricept.RTM.), a .UPSILON.-secretase inhibitor, a .beta.-secretase inhibitor and/or antihypertensive agent; an antiosteoporosis agent, which is parathyroid hormone, a bisphosphonate, alendronate, a Ca receptor agonist or a progestin receptor agonist; a hormone replacement therapeutic agent, which is a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM); a tyrosine kinase inhibitor; a selective androgen receptor modulator; an antiarrhythmic agent, which is a .beta.-blocker, or a calcium channel blocker, or an .alpha.-adrenergic blocker; coenzyme Q sub. 10; an agent that upregulates type III endothelial cell nitric acid syntase; a chondroprotective compound which is polysulfated glycosaminoglycan (PSGAG), glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate (CS), hyaluronic acid (HA), pentosan polysulfate (PPS), doxycycline or minocycline; a cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 inhibitor, which is Celebrex.RTM. (Searle) or Vioxx.RTM. (Merck) or a glycoprotein IIa/IIIb receptor antagonist; a 5-HT reuptake inhibitor; a growth hormone secretagogue; an anti-atherosclerosis agent; an anti-infective agent, or an immunosuppressant for use in transplantation, or an antineoplastic agent.
20. A method for lowering blood serum cholesterol levels treating Type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, hyperglycemia, and/or hyperinsulinemia, which comprises administering to a mammalian species in need of treatment a therapeutically effective amount of a compound as defined in claim 1.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Centocor Inc||REOPRO||abciximab||INJECTABLE; INJECTION||103575||001||1994-12-22||Start Trial||Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (Princeton, NJ)||2023-09-25||RX||search|
|Nps Pharms Inc||NATPARA||parathyroid hormone||INJECTABLE;INJECTION||125511||001||2015-01-23||Start Trial||Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (Princeton, NJ)||2023-09-25||RX||Orphan||search|
|Nps Pharms Inc||NATPARA||parathyroid hormone||INJECTABLE;INJECTION||125511||002||2015-01-23||Start Trial||Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (Princeton, NJ)||2023-09-25||RX||Orphan||search|
|Nps Pharms Inc||NATPARA||parathyroid hormone||INJECTABLE;INJECTION||125511||003||2015-01-23||Start Trial||Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (Princeton, NJ)||2023-09-25||RX||Orphan||search|
|Nps Pharms Inc||NATPARA||parathyroid hormone||INJECTABLE;INJECTION||125511||004||2015-01-23||Start Trial||Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (Princeton, NJ)||2023-09-25||RX||Orphan||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2005030758||Apr 07, 2005|
|United States of America||2005085497||Apr 21, 2005|
|Taiwan||200522950||Jul 16, 2005|
|Peru||09582005||Nov 17, 2005|
|European Patent Office||1667997||Jun 14, 2006|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.