DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,227,033
|Title:||Polymorphs of sodium 4-[(4-chloro-2-hydroxybenzoyl) amino] butanoate|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to amorphous and polymorphic forms of sodium 4-[(4-chloro-2-hydroxybenzoyl)amino]butanoate and their use for facilitating the delivery of active agents, such as insulin, to a target.|
|Inventor(s):||Bhandarkar; Satej (Downingtown, PA), Majuru; Shingai (Brewster, NY), Levchik; Halina (Croton On Hudson, NY)|
|Assignee:||Emisphere Technologies, Inc. (Tarrytown, NY)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A crystalline polymorph of anhydrous sodium 4-[(4-chloro-2-hydroxybenzoyl)amino]butanoate exhibiting an x-ray powder diffraction pattern substantially as shown in FIG. 5.
2. A crystalline polymorph of anhydrous sodium 4-[(4-chloro-2-hydroxybenzoyl)amino]butanoate exhibiting an x-ray powder diffraction pattern having peaks in degrees 2.THETA.0.20.degree. 2.THETA.at 9.1, 12.3, 17.9, 19.8, 23.0, 24.1, 24.4, 26.1, 28.2, and 28.5.
3. The crystalline polymorph of claim 2, wherein the crystalline polymorph has a melting point onset as determined by differential scanning calorimetry at about 222.02.degree. C.
4. A composition comprising: (a) a crystalline polymorph of claim 1, (b) a biologically active agent.
5. The composition of claim 4, wherein the biologically active agent comprises at least one protein, polypeptide, peptide, hormone, polysaccharide, mucopolysaccharide, small polar organic molecules, carbohydrate, or lipid.
6. The composition of claim 4, wherein the biologically active agent is selected from the group consisting of growth hormones, human growth hormones (hGH), recombinant human growth hormones (rhGH), bovine growth hormones, porcine growth hormones, growth hormone-releasing hormones, interferons, .alpha.-interferon, .beta.-interferon, .gamma.-interferon, interleukin-1, interlcukin-2, insulin, porcine insulin, bovine insulin, human insulin, human recombinant insulin, insulin-like growth factor(IGF), IGF-1, heparin, unfractionated heparin, heparinoids, dermatans, chondroitins, low molecular weight heparin, very low molecular weight heparin, ultra low molecular weight heparin, calcitonin, salmon calcitonin, eel calcitonin, human calcitonin, erythropoietin (EPO), atrial naturetic factor, antigens, monoclonal antibodies, somatostatin, protease inhibitors, adrenocorticotropin, gonadotropin releasing hormone, oxytocin, leutinizing-hormone-releasing-hormone, follicle stimulating honnone, glucocerebrosidase, thrombopoictin, filgrastim, prostaglandins, cyclosporin, vasopressin, cromolyn sodium, sodium chromoglycate, disodium chromoglycate, vancomycin, desferrioxamine, bisphosphonates, alendronate, tiludronate, etidronate, clodronate, pamidronate, olpadronate, incadronate, BIBN-4096BS, parathyroid hormone, fragments of parathyroid hormone, antimicrobials, daptomycin, anti-fungal agents, vitamins, analogs, fragments, mimetics and polyethylene glycol-modified derivatives of these compounds, and any combination thereof.
7. A composition comprising (a) a crystalline polymorph of claim 1, (b) insulin.
8. A dosage unit form comprising: (A) the composition of claim 4; and (B) (a) an excipient (b) a diluent, (c) a disintegrant, (d) a lubricant, (e) a plasticizer, (f) a colorant, (g) a dosing vehicle, or (h) any combination thereof.
9. A dosage unit form comprising: (A) the composition of claim 7; and (B) (a) an excipient (b) a diluent, (c) a disintegrant, (d) a lubricant, (e) a plasticizer, (f) a colorant, (g) a dosing vehicle, or (h) any combination thereof.
10. A method of administering an active agent to an animal in need thereof, the method comprising the step of administering the composition of claim 4 to the animal.
11. A method of treating diabetes in an animal in need thereof, comprising the step of administering a composition of claim 7 to the animal.
12. A method of treating diabetes in a human in need thereof, comprising the step of administering a composition of claim 7 to the human.
Summary for Patent: Start Trial
|PCT Filed||January 09, 2003||PCT Application Number:||PCT/US03/00878|
|PCT Publication Date:||July 17, 2003||PCT Publication Number:||WO03/057650|
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Amgen||NEUPOGEN||filgrastim||VIAL||103353||001||1991-02-20||Start Trial||Emisphere Technologies, Inc. (Tarrytown, NY)||2022-01-09||RX||search|
|Amgen||NEUPOGEN||filgrastim||VIAL||103353||002||1991-02-20||Start Trial||Emisphere Technologies, Inc. (Tarrytown, NY)||2022-01-09||RX||search|
|Amgen||NEUPOGEN||filgrastim||SYRINGE||103353||003||1991-02-20||Start Trial||Emisphere Technologies, Inc. (Tarrytown, NY)||2022-01-09||RX||search|
|Amgen||NEUPOGEN||filgrastim||SYRINGE||103353||004||1991-02-20||Start Trial||Emisphere Technologies, Inc. (Tarrytown, NY)||2022-01-09||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|South Africa||200209946||Nov 07, 2003|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||0202509||Jan 10, 2002|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||03057650||Jul 17, 2003|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||03057650||Oct 16, 2003|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.