DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Subscribe for complete access
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,780,614
|Title:||Modified factor VIII cDNA and its use for the production of factor VIII|
|Abstract:||A modified Factor VIII cDNA is disclosed wherein the B-domain of the wild type factor cDNA has been deleted and a truncated Factor IX intron 1 has been inserted in two locations of the Factor VIII cDNA and as a promoter a cDNA is used which is suitable for the expression in hematopoietic cell lines and specifically in platelets.|
|Inventor(s):||Negrier; Claude (Irigny, FR), Plantier; Jean-Luc (Gringy, FR)|
|Assignee:||Aventis Behring GmbH (Marburg, DE)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A modified Factor VIII cDNA, comprising: a wild-type factor VIII cDNA, at least one intron, which has been inserted into at least one location of said wild-type factor
VIII cDNA, wherein said at least one intron is not a factor VIII intron; and a promoter which targets the expression of said modified factor VIII cDNA to hematopoietic cells.
2. Modified Factor VIII cDNA as claimed in claim 1, wherein the B-domain of the wild-type factor VIII cDNA has been deleted.
3. Modified Factor VIII cDNA as claimed in claim 1, wherein said at least one intron is factor IX truncated intron 1.
4. Modified Factor VIII cDNA as claimed in claim 1, wherein said promoter is the human platelet glycoprotein IIb promoter.
5. Modified Factor VIII cDNA as claimed in claim 1, wherein said hematopoietic cells are megakaryocytes.
6. Modified Factor VIII cDNA as claimed in claim 1, wherein said at least one intron has been inserted into the wild-type factor VIII cDNA at the original positions of intron 1 and intron 13 of the genomic Factor VIII DNA.
7. A process for the production of Factor VIII, comprising: culturing a cell line under conditions suitable to produce a polypeptide encoded by the modified Factor VIII cDNA as claimed in claim 1; and recovering said polypeptide from the cell culture medium.
8. Process as claimed in claim 7, wherein the production of Factor VIII is stimulated by an inducer.
9. Process as claimed in claim 8, wherein said inducer is phorbol-12-myristate-13-acetate.
10. Process as claimed in claim 7, wherein said cell lint is human erythroleukemia (HEL) or Dami.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Approval Date||Patent No.||Expiredate|
|Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||For Injection||103132||1986-06-04||⤷ Sign up for a Free Trial||2021-02-09|
|Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||For Injection||103132||⤷ Sign up for a Free Trial||2021-02-09|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Expiredate|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.