DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Join the DrugPatentWatch Referral Program Get access to a free drug patent landscape report or a free one-month subscription
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,759,432
|Title:||Medical use of matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors for inhibiting tissue contraction|
|Abstract:||The use of an MMP inhibitor, especially a collagenase inhibitor, in the manufacture of a medicament for the treatment of a natural or artificial tissue comprising extracellular matrix components to inhibit contraction of the tissue and methods for the treatment of tissue comprising extracellular matrix components to inhibit contraction.|
|Inventor(s):||Khaw; Peng Tee (London, GB), Schultz; Gregory S. (Gainesville, FL)|
|Assignee:||University of Florida Research Foundation (Gainesville, FL) Moorfields Eye Hospital National Health Service Trust (London, GB) The Institute of Ophthalmology (London, GB)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method for treating a human or other mammal to inhibit or prevent contraction of tissue affected with scleroderma or Dupuytren's contracture, said tissue comprising an
extracellular matrix component, said method comprising administering to said human or other mammal an effective amount of a matraic metalloprotein inhibitor to inhibit or prevent such contraction.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein said tissue is affected with scleroderma.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein said tissue is affected with Dupuytren's contracture.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein said extracellular matrix inhibitor is a collagenase inhibitor.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein said matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor is capable of inhibiting a matrix metalloproteinase selected from the group consisting of matrix metalloproteinases 1, 2 and 3.
6. The method of claim 1 wherein said matrix metalloproteinase Inhibitor is N-[2(R)-2-(hydroxamido-carbonylmethyl)-4-methylpentanoyl]-L-tryptophan methylamide.
7. The method of claim 1 wherein said matrix metalloprotinase inhibitor is a peptide hydroxamic acid or a pharmaceutically acceptable derivative thereof.
8. The method of claim 1 wherein said collagenase matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor is administered in combination with at least one other inhibitor.
9. The method of claim 1 wherein said matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor is administered in combination with an inhibitor of a collagen-stimulating cytokine.
10. The method of claim 1 wherein said matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor is administered in combination with a further pharmaceutically active ingredient selected from the group consisting of antibiotics, antifungals, steroids, enzyme inhibitors, epidermal growth factors, fibronectin and aprotinin.
11. The method of claim 1 wherein said matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor is administered as a prophylactic measure.
Summary for Patent: Start Trial
|Foriegn Application Priority Data|
|Foreign Country||Foreign Patent Number||Foreign Patent Date|
|United Kingdom||9405076||Mar 16, 1994|
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Smith And Nephew||SANTYL||collagenase||OINTMENT;TOPICAL||101995||001||1965-06-04||Start Trial||University of Florida Research Foundation (Gainesville, FL) Moorfields Eye Hospital National Health Service Trust (London, GB) The Institute of Ophthalmology (London, GB)||2014-03-16||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||9524921||Sep 21, 1995|
|United States of America||2002164319||Nov 07, 2002|
|United States of America||6093398||Jul 25, 2000|
|United States of America||6379667||Apr 30, 2002|
|United Kingdom||9405076||Apr 27, 1994|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.