DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Subscribe for complete access
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,419,921
|Title:||DNA-constructs of blood clotting factors and P-Selectin|
|Abstract:||A DNA construct is disclosed which encodes a fusion protein comprising an amino acid sequence of a blood clotting factor like Factor IX and an amino acid sequence of the cytoplasmic domain of P-Selectin. Such construct may be used for the somatic gene therapy of patients suffering from a defiency of a blood coagulation factor.|
|Inventor(s):||Negrier; Claude (Irigny, FR), Plantier; Jean Luc (Lyons, FR)|
|Assignee:||Aventis Behring GmbH (Marburg, DE)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A DNA construct encoding a fusion protein comprising an amino acid sequence of a blood clotting factor and an amino acid sequence of the cytoplasmic domain of P-Selectin.
2. The DNA construct as claimed in claim 1 comprising an amino acid sequence of the blood clotting factor IX.
3. The DNA construct as claimed in claim 2 wherein the 3'-end of the Factor IX-DNA is fused to the 5' end of the nucleic acid sequence encoding the cytoplasmic domain of intracellular P-selectin.
4. The DNA construct as claimed in claim 2 wherein between the sequence of the Factor IX-DNA and the sequence of the P-Selectin-DNA the two amino acids Thr-Arg are inserted.
5. The DNA construct as claimed in claim 2 further comprising insertion of the first intron (Intron 1) of the human Factor IX gene.
6. The DNA construct as claimed in claim 5 wherein the first intron has been truncated at both Sca 1 sites prior to insertion.
7. A fusion protein expressed by the DNA construct of claim 1.
8. A mammalian cell comprising the DNA construct of claim 1, wherein the DNA construct is expressed.
9. The mammalian cell wherein the DNA construct of claim 1 encodes Factor IX.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Approval Date||Patent No.||Expiredate|
|Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||For Injection||103132||1986-06-04||⤷ Sign up for a Free Trial||2018-12-02|
|Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||For Injection||103132||⤷ Sign up for a Free Trial||2018-12-02|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Expiredate|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.