DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,274,167
|Title:||Topical anesthetic patch|
|Abstract:||A pre-vaccination or pre-procedural topical anesthetic patch which functions not unlike a nicotine patch and which is essentially a round Band-Aid.RTM. (trademark) containing a topical anesthetic. The Band-Aid.RTM. anesthetic carrying device may be of any shape or size. It is applied to a persons skin at a site where a needle is to be inserted such that the site will have a topical anesthetic applied. When the Band-Aid.RTM. is removed from the site prior to a needle being inserted a visible delineation of a target area is visible on the skin. That is, that side of the Band-Aid.RTM. which contacts the skin will contain a dye, of any color, although preferably red, in the form of a circle or any other geometric shape, smaller than the diameter or size of the Band-Aid.RTM., whereby when the Band-Aid.RTM. is removed the dye will leave a mark at the site which is the \"target\" area. Particularly important is the fact that once the Band-Aid.RTM. or patch is removed, prior to a needle being inserted, the target area or bull\'s eye or a red circle or any other color circle or geometric shape will be left on the skin which clearly delineates where the anesthetic is and, therefore, where the needle should be inserted.|
|Inventor(s):||Margiotta; Vincent (Englewood Cliffs, NJ)|
|Patent Claims:||1. An anesthetic carrying adhesive patch attachable to a persons skin comprising:
(a) a backing;
(b) a pad attached to one side of said backing;
(c) an anesthetic solution applied to said pad; and,
(d) dye operatively associated with said pad whereby when said patch is applied to a persons skin and then removed the skin is anesthesized and a target area for reception of a needle is delineated by said dye operatively associated with said pad.
2. The anesthetic carrying adhesive patch of claim 1 wherein said backing is plastic.
3. The anesthetic carrying adhesive patch of claim 2 wherein said pad is gauze.
4. The anesthetic carrying adhesive patch of claim 3 wherein said anesthetic solution is a benzocaine solution.
5. The anesthetic carrying adhesive patch of claim 4 wherein said anesthetic solution contains both active and inactive solutions.
6. The anesthetic carrying adhesive patch of claim 5 wherein said gauze pad has an impermeable side coacting with said backing and an absorbent top side which coacts with a persons skin.
7. The anesthetic carrying adhesive patch of claim 6 wherein said benzocaine and said dye are mixed together and applied to said gauze pad whereby when said adhesive patch is removed from a persons skin a target area is left on anesthesized skin.
8. The anesthetic carrying adhesive patch of claim 7 wherein said benzocaine solution comprises benzocaine in a crystalline form, polyethylene glycol, sterile water and sorbitol preservative.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.||ZOSTAVAX||zoster vaccine live||INJECTION, POWDER, LYOPHILIZED, FOR SUSPENSION||125123||001||2006-05-25||Start Trial||2039-09-23||search|
|Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.||ZOSTAVAX||zoster vaccine live||INJECTION, POWDER, LYOPHILIZED, FOR SUSPENSION||125123||1||2006-05-25||Start Trial||2039-09-23||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.