DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Subscribe for complete access
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,968,825
|Title:||Antisense oligonucleotides complementary to the primary transcript of the human c-fes protooncogene|
|Abstract:||The following description sets forth antisense (AS) oligonucleotides (ODNs) complementary to the primary transcript of the human c-fes protooncogene and their use to inactivate said transcript. All-trans retinoic acid (ATRA) is reported to be used as a differentiation inducer on cells pretreated with said AS-ODNs to induce apoptosis of leukemic blast cells.|
|Inventor(s):||Ferrari; Sergio (Modena, IT), Manfredini; Rossella (Campogalliano, IT)|
|Assignee:||Istituto Biochimico Italiano Giovanni Lorenzini S.P.A. (Milan, IT)|
|Patent Claims:||1. An antisense oligonucleotide complementary to the primary transcript of human c-fes protooncogene, which hybridizes to said primary transcript at a sequence spanning to the exon
2/intron 2 or the exon 3/intron 3 splice junction.
2. The antisense oligonucleotide of claim 1, which includes the sequence shown in SEQ ID NO:1 or SEQ ID NO:2.
3. The antisense oligonucleotide of claim 1, which is modified and stabilized to prolong its half-life.
4. The antisense oligonucleotide of claim 3, modified at its 3' or 5' end with a phosphorothionate derivative.
5. The antisense oligonucleotide of claim 3, wherein its internucleotide phosphate bridge is a methylphosphonate, phosphorothionate, phosphorodithionate, or phosphate ester group.
6. The antisense oligonucleotide of claim 3, which is complexed noncovalently with transeferrin-polylysine.
7. A method for inhibiting expression of c-fes protein in a cell comprising administering to the cell at least one antisense oligonucleotide complementary to the primary transcript of the human c-fes protooncogene, wherein said antisense oligonucleotide hybridizes with said primary transcript at a sequence spanning to the exon 2/intron 2 or the exon 3/intron 3-splice junction.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein said antisense oligonucleotide includes the sequence shown in SEQ ID NO:1 or SEQ ID NO:2.
9. The method of claim 7, further comprising administering to said cells all-trans retinoic acid to induce cell differentiation and apoptosis.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Approval Date||Patent No.||Expiredate|
|Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||For Injection||103132||1986-06-04||⤷ Sign up for a Free Trial||2016-05-20|
|Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||For Injection||103132||⤷ Sign up for a Free Trial||2016-05-20|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Expiredate|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.