DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,861,502
|Title:||Antisense oligonucleotides to inhibit expression of mutated and wild type genes for collagen|
|Abstract:||The present invention is directed to oligonucleotides that inhibit mutant COL1A1 and/or wild type COL1A1 gene expression. The present invention is further directed to methods of inhibiting mutant and/or wild type collagen gene expression using the disclosed inhibitory oligonucleotides. The oligonucleotides and methods of the present invention are useful for the treatment of mammals having diseases related to inappropriate mutant or wild type COL1A1 gene expression.|
|Inventor(s):||Prockop; Darwin (Philadelphia, PA), Colige; Alain (Sart Tilman Par Liege, BE), Baserga; Renato (Ardmore, PA), Nugent; Paul (Philadelphia, PA)|
|Assignee:||Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. An oligonucleotide consisting of 10 to 50 nucleotides having a nucleotide sequence that stably hybridizes in a cell in culture to the exon 1/intron 1 boundary of a mutant or
normal wild type COL1A1 gene encoding pro.alpha.1(I) chain of type I procollagen, wherein said oligonucleotide inhibits expression of said mutant or normal wild type COL1A1 gene.
2. The oligonucleotide of claim 1 of SEQ ID NO: 18.
3. The oligonucleotide of claim 1 in a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier or diluent.
4. An oligonucleotide consisting of a sequence selected from the group consisting of SEQ ID NO:5, SEQ ID NO:8, SEQ ID NO:9, SEQ ID NO: 10, SEQ ID NO:11, SEQ ID NO: 12, SEQ ID NO: 13, SEQ ID NO:14, SEQ ID NO:15, SEQ ID NO:16, SEQ ID NO:19, SEQ ID NO:20, SEQ ID NO:21, SEQ ID NO:22 and SEQ ID NO:23.
5. A method of inhibiting mutant collagen gene expression in a cell in culture which comprises contacting a cell containing a mutant COL1A1 gene with an inhibitory amount of an oligonucleotide consisting of 10 to 50 nucleotides having a nucleotide sequence that stably hybridizes to the exon 1/intron 1 boundary of said mutant COL1A1 gene.
6. The method of claim 5 wherein said oligonucleotide consists of SEQ ID NO: 18.
7. A method of inhibiting normal collagen gene expression in cell culture which comprises contacting a cell containing a normal COL1A1 gene with an inhibitory amount of an oligonucleotide consisting of 10 to 50 nucleotides having a nucleotide sequence that stably hybridizes to the exon 1/intron 1 boundary of said normal COL1A1 gene.
Summary for Patent: Start Trial
|PCT Filed||November 09, 1993||PCT Application Number:||PCT/US93/10756|
|PCT Publication Date:||May 26, 1994||PCT Publication Number:||WO94/11494|
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||001||1986-06-04||Start Trial||Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA)||2012-11-09||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||002||1986-06-04||Start Trial||Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA)||2012-11-09||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||003||1986-06-04||Start Trial||Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA)||2012-11-09||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.