DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,589,171
|Title:||Treatment of Dupuytren\'s disease with collagenase|
|Abstract:||Dupuytren\'s disease is treated by applying collagenase to the affected palmar fascia.|
|Inventor(s):||Wegman; Thomas L. (North Merrick, NY)|
|Assignee:||Advance Biofactures of Curacao (Brievengat, AN)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of treating an individual suffering from Dupuytren's disease which comprises applying an effective amount of collagenase to a fibrous of the affected fascia.
2. A method according to claim 1 wherein the amount of collagenase is within the range of about 100 to about 7,500 ABC units.
3. A method according to claim 1 wherein the collagenase is applied in a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier in a concentration of about 100 to about 10,000 ABC units collagenase per ml.
4. A method according to claim 3 wherein the concentration of collagenase is within the range of about 300 to about 700 ABC units per ml.
5. A method according to claim 3 wherein the carrier is aqueous.
6. A method according to claim 1 wherein the collagenase is applied to the fibrous cord.
7. A method according to claim 6 wherein collagenase in a liquid pharmaceutically acceptable carrier is injected into the fibrous cord.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Advance Biofactures||SANTYL||collagenase||VIAL||101995||001||1965-06-04||Start Trial||Advance Biofactures of Curacao (Brievengat, AN)||2036-04-30||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.